Mine for November.

seudo_411

Mine for November.

Postby seudo_411 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:06 pm

This is a stove I made a while ago, It is a 50mm candle tin, with 6 holes in the base. the top is two of the same lids that have had the middle bit cut out, and is joined with two small screws, the screws face up word and are at opposite ends and approx. 1mm from the edge of the lid. The screws also hold the two pieces of pipe clamp in place. the pipe clamp serves as a pot support. This stove manages to boil 2cups of tap water in about 7 minutes using the aluminum kettle. it used about 20ml of fuel and burns for 10 to 15 minutes with the pot on. Pictures follow.

And heres a video of it in action...

Going to try and get a hold of a wider, longer pipe clamp with larger slits.
Save space, Live on the edge...

Life might be a Bitch, but at least she knows who her Daddy is...

zelph

Re: Mine for November.

Postby zelph » Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:33 pm

The holes look really close to the bottom of stove. Is there another tin inside that holds the fuel?

Do you light it and then set the pot on it or do you have to wait for it to warm up before putting the pot on? When you get time, give us a photo of the candle tin befor you do any cutting on it.

I like how you created a shelf for the pot support, great idea. I like one piece stoves. :D

Nice creation Suedo. Now find a larger clamp in the plumbing department like the one I showed in one of the threads(I have no idea where it is) I'll do a brief check :mrgreen:
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

zelph

Postby zelph » Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:38 pm

I found it in Stove Making Tips

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:07 pm

seudo_411, looks like it does the job just fine. How much fuel will it hold before it spills out the side ports? You might want to raise the holes or maybe try it without holes. You could put the holes in the bottom lid sides. ;)
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

seudo_411

Postby seudo_411 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:25 pm

With the the current pipe clamp i have to warm it up first. i do have an uncut tin, it gonna become mark II when the candle is burnt up. If i can get wide enough pipe clamp, say about 20-30mm I will cut it as shown below. So that it fits into slots on the edge of the lid. also MKII will have no holes, kinda like a side burner.

irrationalsolutions

Postby irrationalsolutions » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:21 pm

it looks like a good sound little stove. i like it. :D
“Do or do not... there is NO try.” Yoda

Luke "Whats in (out) there?" Yoda "Only what you take with you."

Luke "I can’t believe it." Yoda "That is why you Fail.”

seudo_411

Postby seudo_411 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:49 am

The stove holds about 20ml before it spills, thats about 2/3 of an ounce. I'll try to get the MK II model up by say Monday. the only thing that takes a while to get hold of is the fuel, because i have to order it. At the moment i pay about $2.5 for 500ml of fuel. I get the feeling this is quite expensive, don't know yet. Maths cost about half that. But first the quest for the ultimate pipe clamp. if i cant find it I'll have to use some Aluminum flashing and cut the holes my self..

zelph

Postby zelph » Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:17 pm

seudo_411 wrote:The stove holds about 20ml before it spills, thats about 2/3 of an ounce. I'll try to get the MK II model up by say Monday. the only thing that takes a while to get hold of is the fuel, because i have to order it. At the moment i pay about $2.5 for 500ml of fuel. I get the feeling this is quite expensive, don't know yet. Maths cost about half that. But first the quest for the ultimate pipe clamp. if i cant find it I'll have to use some Aluminum flashing and cut the holes my self..

Just to get an idea if the potstand will work use a steel juice can or soupcan. Have fun, good project.

seudo_411

Postby seudo_411 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:47 pm

zelph wrote:
seudo_411 wrote:The stove holds about 20ml before it spills, thats about 2/3 of an ounce. I'll try to get the MK II model up by say Monday. the only thing that takes a while to get hold of is the fuel, because i have to order it. At the moment i pay about $2.5 for 500ml of fuel. I get the feeling this is quite expensive, don't know yet. Meths cost about half that. But first the quest for the ultimate pipe clamp. if i cant find it I'll have to use some Aluminum flashing and cut the holes my self..

Just to get an idea if the potstand will work use a steel juice can or soupcan. Have fun, good project.

Funny you should mention cans, If you look very carefully at the top part of the stove you see two small holes. those are actually made to hold a 340ml can, what happened once is that i placed a full length section of a 450ml can, with just the top and bottom removed, and it actually sounded like a turbo jet, it was pulling so much air up it was insane. I have been thinking of this turbo jet concept. and it might just work. I'll post in the relevant section, once the mock up is complete.

zelph

Postby zelph » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:22 pm

Is the 2 inch/50 millimeter tin made of steel? What are you using to cut the holes in the lids?

Oh yes!!! I like how a stove can get insane when you attach a chimney to it in the form of what you did with the cans. The taller the better :mrgreen: taller equals louder :lol:

Introduce some nitrous oxide that you got from your chef friend and it'll get louder. Use a remote canister with aluminum tube on the end of the 20 foot armored fuel line, wear safety goggles and armor plate. :lol: :lol:

Return to “Stove Of The Month Club”