February resealable stove

DarenN

Re: February resealable stove

Postby DarenN » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:03 pm

this idea came from someone else and i don't mind passing it along. it didn't work for the Jolgia (cause of the jets) but it will definately work on you wickatized stove.

for a simmer attachment you will need another drink can top. just drill a hole in the middle of the second top and when you plunk it down over the top of the stove it cuts down the flame. it could be made adjustable by building it similar to the Trangia simmer cap, or like i did for the Jolgia.

Daren.......
"I'd rather be happy than right." Slartibartfast

Mister Krabs

Postby Mister Krabs » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:02 am

zelph wrote:
Does the potstand wrap around the stove body for storage or is it fastened to the stoves top?

It wraps around.

Mister Krabs

Postby Mister Krabs » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:05 am

DarenN wrote:this idea came from someone else and i don't mind passing it along. it didn't work for the Jolgia (cause of the jets) but it will definately work on you wickatized stove.

for a simmer attachment you will need another drink can top. just drill a hole in the middle of the second top and when you plunk it down over the top of the stove it cuts down the flame. it could be made adjustable by building it similar to the Trangia simmer cap, or like i did for the Jolgia.

Daren.......

Yes, I meant to credit the Jolgia, sorry. :oops: I had it in what I was originally typing, but I got pulled away from my post and ended up closing the window and having to retype it.

Thanks for the simmer cap Idea too. :idea:

DarenN

Postby DarenN » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:44 pm

Mister Krabs wrote:
DarenN wrote:this idea came from someone else and i don't mind passing it along. it didn't work for the Jolgia (cause of the jets) but it will definately work on you wickatized stove.

Daren.......

Yes, I meant to credit the Jolgia, sorry. :oops: I had it in what I was originally typing, but I got pulled away from my post and ended up closing the window and having to retype it.

Thanks for the simmer cap Idea too. :idea:

not to worry, Krabs. it's all about sharing ideas. :)

Daren......
"I'd rather be happy than right." Slartibartfast

zelph

Postby zelph » Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:10 pm

Using the steel cat food can makes for a very durable stove. The weight factor is zilch compaared to how rugged a stove you get by using the steel can. The lip that goes around the top of the can makes for an excellent place to adhere the top, plenty of surface area for the JB weld to hold onto. I just recently threw away two of that type of cat food cans that I had laying around, darn it!!! I have the energy drink can that I picked up of the side of the highway. I need to get cat food today, so I'll get a steel can just for the fun of it :o
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

irrationalsolutions

Postby irrationalsolutions » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:51 pm

i've been looking around a little for that bottle with the cap and cant find it anywhere. where did you get it?
“Do or do not... there is NO try.” Yoda

Luke "Whats in (out) there?" Yoda "Only what you take with you."

Luke "I can’t believe it." Yoda "That is why you Fail.”

rigidpsycho

Postby rigidpsycho » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:54 pm

irrationalsolutions wrote:i've been looking around a little for that bottle with the cap and cant find it anywhere. where did you get it?

I believe he useda Monster Energy drink can which can be found in most convenient store, also look for the Jolt and Rockstar energy drink cans they both have the screw on caps.

irrationalsolutions

Postby irrationalsolutions » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:09 pm

i have found these drinks but none of them have the lids they all have the pop tops.
“Do or do not... there is NO try.” Yoda

Luke "Whats in (out) there?" Yoda "Only what you take with you."

Luke "I can’t believe it." Yoda "That is why you Fail.”

zelph

Postby zelph » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:27 pm

irrationalsolutions wrote:i have found these drinks but none of them have the lids they all have the pop tops.

Gas stations usually have them by the bucket loads :lol:

Try a major gas station in your area. Let us know what you find.
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:52 pm

We sell them at Kroger and isee them at Speedway. You have to get the larger size to get the screw cap. ;)
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

Return to “Stove Of The Month Club”