November Entry #2 for Skids

Ridgerunner

Re: November Entry #2 for Skids

Postby Ridgerunner » Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:35 pm

The outside container in the hint photo is a wedding favor tin. That makes the inner container small. Hmmmm

Good point Zelph. Perhaps an air-freshener tin or a condiment tin or a bagel topping tin such as honey, jelly, peanutbutter, cream cheese ;) My mind in combing Kroger as I try to figure out this little mystery. :?
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

Skidsteer

Postby Skidsteer » Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:59 pm

Another clue :

I discovered it at a hotel*.

Carry on. :mrgreen:

*I have a 'almost, sort-of' winner from the responses. I'll abide until Thanksgiving waiting for a more specific answer and then the award ceremony!
Skids

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Albert Einstein, (attributed)

Survivor Dave

Postby Survivor Dave » Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:28 pm

I have worked in hotels in my food service career and have not really seen honey, jelly,or peanut butter in a container with angled sides. It's been a few years since I have worked actively in a hotel or restaurant setting. I want to say a disposable ashtray of some kind, but dont see the butt rests even if they were removed. I am not much of a wedding attendee, so I don't know how big a wedding tin is, but am also assuming they come in multiple sizes. Is this correct?

If the container at the holes punched in them are the measure for "up to an ounce" I am assuming with the angle, the total quantity held is 2 1/2 to 3 oz. For a portion control serving of anything really, that's a lot. Hotels and Restaurants would rather give you more if you ask for them. The only other thing I can think of is a drip/ overflow liner for a candle or something as was mentioned by someone else already.

In my previous post, I asked if it was a mini pie shell tin, but did not hear back. Can I rule that out?

Skids, am I at least on the right track? Food service or butt disposal?

Here I am on a Sunday night trying to figure out what the hell a hotel item has to do with an Ultra-Lite hiking stove. I need a psychiatrist or need to go hiking...I'll let y'all decide. :roll: 8-) :roll:

SD

Ridgerunner wrote:
The outside container in the hint photo is a wedding favor tin. That makes the inner container small. Hmmmm

Good point Zelph. Perhaps an air-freshener tin or a condiment tin or a bagel topping tin such as honey, jelly, peanutbutter, cream cheese ;) My mind in combing Kroger as I try to figure out this little mystery. :?

Skidsteer

Postby Skidsteer » Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:40 pm

Survivor Dave wrote:I have worked in hotels in my food service career and have not really seen honey, jelly,or peanut butter in a container with angled sides. It's been a few years since I have worked actively in a hotel or restaurant setting. I want to say a disposable ashtray of some kind, but dont see the butt rests even if they were removed. I am not much of a wedding attendee, so I don't know how big a wedding tin is, but am also assuming they come in multiple sizes. Is this correct?

If the container at the holes punched in them are the measure for "up to an ounce" I am assuming with the angle, the total quantity held is 2 1/2 to 3 oz. For a portion control serving of anything really, that's a lot. Hotels and Restaurants would rather give you more if you ask for them. The only other thing I can think of is a drip/ overflow liner for a candle or something as was mentioned by someone else already.

In my previous post, I asked if it was a mini pie shell tin, but did not hear back. Can I rule that out?

Skids, am I at least on the right track? Food service or butt disposal?

Here I am on a Sunday night trying to figure out what the hell a hotel item has to do with an Ultra-Lite hiking stove. I need a psychiatrist or need to go hiking...I'll let y'all decide. :roll: 8-) :roll:

SD

Ridgerunner wrote:

SD,

The 'mystery tin' holds exactly 15 ml. :lol:
Skids

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Survivor Dave

Postby Survivor Dave » Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:31 pm

The 'mystery tin' holds exactly 15 ml. :lol:[/quote]

OK. Now let's put this in perspective, as you can see, short of calling a NASA engineer, I wanted to see exactly what type of containers hold 15 ml.

From left to right:

1/8 cup measure- almost to the top

Hotel size mouthwash(filled to dotted line)

Sake cup to the water line as seen--------I'll probably substitue Sake if I don't figure it out by 100 fold and consume

Ozium Air Sanitizer cap from large can----about half full

WD-40 top- full

Martini glass- to the liquid level line.

Now, I have never seen(I don't think) anything resembling that as far as a container for a food vessel.

Skids, seeing that I will probably fill the Sake cup until there is no more followed by the martini glass until I pass out, How bout' having a little mercy on me before alcohol toxicity takes place! :twisted:

SD
Attachments
IMG_0112-1.JPG
IMG_0112-1.JPG (103.73 KiB) Viewed 2536 times
IMG_0111-1.JPG
IMG_0111-1.JPG (94.47 KiB) Viewed 2536 times
IMG_0110-1.JPG
IMG_0110-1.JPG (95.07 KiB) Viewed 2536 times

Skidsteer

Postby Skidsteer » Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:49 pm

Survivor Dave wrote:
OK. Now let's put this in perspective, as you can see, short of calling a NASA engineer, I wanted to see exactly what type of containers hold 15 ml.

You forgot tea light tins. :P
Skids

Survivor Dave

Postby Survivor Dave » Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:00 pm

Skidsteer wrote:
Survivor Dave wrote:

That's a good one.

I would be a fool to say I thought of that, but I did. I ruled it out as I've never seen them with the gold color lining on the inside and/or with an angle.

I guess I haven't earned the Sake or Martini, so I reckon' I'll just drink the other 3 childrens bottles of Wal-Mart soda from the 4 pack of my fuel reservoir that I bought that was left over. :P

zelph

Postby zelph » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:43 am

Skidsteer wrote:
Survivor Dave wrote:

Full disclosure of stove parts is required for entry into club. :twisted:
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:37 pm

A tart tin for mini tarts! ;)
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

Skidsteer

Postby Skidsteer » Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:12 pm

zelph wrote:Full disclosure of stove parts is required for entry into club. :twisted:

In time, Amigo. ;)
Skids

Return to “Stove Of The Month Club”