Christmas Stoves needed!

Skidsteer

Christmas Stoves needed!

Postby Skidsteer » Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:46 pm

Great googley moogley!!

I just realized Oops is the current leader for December 'cause he's the only entry.

The rest of us need to get cracking. :D

I got a longish hike planned and some shopping still to do but I'll do my best to submit a worthy competitor for Oops. :mrgreen:

C'mon Stovies, let's see those December entries!
Skids

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Albert Einstein, (attributed)

zelph

Re: Christmas Stoves needed!

Postby zelph » Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:06 pm

Skidsteer wrote:Great googley moogley!!

I just realized Oops is the current leader for December 'cause he's the only entry.

I got a longish hike planned and some shopping still to do but I'll do my best to submit a worthy competitor for Oops. :mrgreen:

Good reminder, I was thinking to nominate previous stoves submitted to be entered into this months because of their great designs. I don't see why stoves can't be entered more than once. What are your opinions?
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

oops56

Postby oops56 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:14 pm

zelph wrote:
Skidsteer wrote:Great googley moogley!!

Good reminder, I was thinking to nominate previous stoves submitted to be entered into this months because of their great designs. I don't see why stoves can't be entered more than once. What are your opinions?
Ok its dam cold out i get one or two more keep pushing and i get no work done stoves that is
Man play with fire man get burnt

Skidsteer

Postby Skidsteer » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:14 pm

zelph wrote:Good reminder, I was thinking to nominate previous stoves submitted to be entered into this months because of their great designs. I don't see why stoves can't be entered more than once. What are your opinions?

Okay by me!

Truth is this month has been more hectic than most Decembers for me but at least I'm pretty much done working for the year. :P

I can't wait to get out hiking! Got a 4-5 day planned for between Christmas and New Year's.
Skids

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Albert Einstein, (attributed)

bmike

Postby bmike » Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:21 am

so, who can enter? anyone on the forums?
i have the torch to enter, tweaked it to a respectable burn time and boil time for its size. i've also improved the wickion, wicki, tubrion concept a bit.
i also have some stuff in the works for january - not sure if i'll get it up by years end... not sure it works yet - proof of concept looked good, but i avoided joining the failure thread with some careful plannin...! ;)

CajunHiker

Postby CajunHiker » Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:19 pm

What's the deadline for entering? I've got my latest bottle cap burner stove close almost ready for a test burn.

zelph

Postby zelph » Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:05 pm

Bmike and Cajunhiker, anyone registered on this site can enter. Deadline will be Dec. 26
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

CajunHiker

Postby CajunHiker » Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:25 am

I missed the deadline. :(
I finally had a chance to fire up the Paslode Bottlecap stove version 2 last night.
1 oz. denatured, total burn time 54:26 :o I almost fell asleep twice watching it.

oops56

Postby oops56 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:05 pm

CajunHiker wrote:I missed the deadline. :(
I finally had a chance to fire up the Paslode Bottlecap stove version 2 last night.
1 oz. denatured, total burn time 54:26 :o I almost fell asleep twice watching it.

Post it any way for jan. we like to see it hurry my not long to live i just turned 65 today.
Man play with fire man get burnt

Pure Mahem

Postby Pure Mahem » Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:37 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, OOPS! :mrgreen:
"Lad I don't know where you've been. But, I see you won first prize!"

Return to “Stove Of The Month Club”