XMAS Mini Trangia Stove---Santa made a "Sangia"

Ridgerunner

XMAS Mini Trangia Stove---Santa made a "Sangia"

Postby Ridgerunner » Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:23 pm

I threw together a mini Trangia stove that could easily be made half the size into a Micro Trangia burner :D The first pic gives you an idea of size comparison to the factory model. In the background, you can see my Busch camo penny stove that exploded on me. :o

The following pics show the stove fired up using 91% alcohol !

The stove was fairly easy to make once I found the right can to work with. I took a fuel cannister and used a can opener to take the lid off. Then I trimmed the lids base down to fit just inside the tea candle lid. I cemented it in with some jb-weld and drilled my burner holes, added some wick material and an inside wall, cemented the two halves of the candle tin together and presto---the ol' Stumpjumper has a Christmas present coming. I could further reduce the size , using a wedding favor tin.

Merry Christmas to All and Happy Hiking!
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

oops56

Re: XMAS Mini Trangia Stove---Santa made a "Sangia"

Postby oops56 » Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:22 pm

Ridgerunner wrote:I threw together a mini Trangia stove that could easily be made half the size into a Micro Trangia burner :D The first pic gives you an idea of size comparison to the factory model. In the background, you can see my Busch camo penny stove that exploded on me. :o

The stove was fairly easy to make once I found the right can to work with. I took a fuel cannister and used a can opener to take the lid off. Then I trimmed the lids base down to fit just inside the tea candle lid. I cemented it in with some jb-weld and drilled my burner holes, added some wick material and an inside wall, cemented the two halves of the candle tin together and presto---the ol' Stumpjumper has a Christmas present coming. I could further reduce the size , using a wedding favor tin.

Merry Christmas to All and Happy Hiking!

where is the stove don't see it all i see is a trangia and military ones
Man play with fire man get burnt

Skidsteer

Postby Skidsteer » Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:39 am

Neat!

It doesn't leak?
Skids

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Albert Einstein, (attributed)

zelph

Postby zelph » Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:46 am

Very nice indeed Ridgerunner. I would think it don't take long at all to bloom and the jets are in full thrust. Lots of flame, does it burn fast and furious because of the aluminum fuel resevoir?

Good idea of using the mouth off of the Magic Heat. I did that on an aluminum canteen, one of those old saucer looking ones. The JB weld failed after a few burns, don't know why. I wanted to make a nasarangia :lol:
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

zelph

Postby zelph » Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:49 am

At first sight I thought I was looking at oops workbench :lol: :lol: Stoves everywhere!!!!!!! Oops has two borde bombs :mrgreen:
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:33 am

Put your specs on oops---first pic shows one military trangia on left, hickers trangia in the middle and the "Sangia" on the right :lol:

by Skidsteer on Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:39 am

Neat!

It doesn't leak?

I put 1 1/2 ounces of fuel in it and turned it upside down overnight---no leakage :D I did not thinl it would as Magic Heat fuel is liquid also. I did have to grind the lip of the teacandle lid down flush so that the threads were high enough that the seal on the lid made contact with the top of the threads.

zelph on Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:46 am
Very nice indeed Ridgerunner. I would think it don't take long at all to bloom and the jets are in full thrust. Lots of flame, does it burn fast and furious because of the aluminum fuel resevoir?

Good idea of using the mouth off of the Magic Heat. I did that on an aluminum canteen, one of those old saucer looking ones. The JB weld failed after a few burns, don't know why. I wanted to make a nasarangia

At first sight I thought I was looking at oops workbench Stoves everywhere!!!!!!! Oops has two borde bombs

It lights easy and flames fast. The jets take close to 30 seconds to take off good. My wick material was pieces of lamp wick all the way around. I don't know if that would make a difference in how fast the jets take off or not. I used jb weld on both side of the flange. I might even put a coat on the outside at the bottom of the threads for extra seal protection. I've always had good luck with jb-weld though EXCEPT when we used it to try to fix the cracked head on my old Corolla :( And Yes, my workbench is a mess, always. The wife does not like to look over to my side of the garage. :lol: Oops is a very fortunate man and I am extremely envious! :mrgreen:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

oops56

Postby oops56 » Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:50 am

Ridgerunner wrote:

Put your specs on oops---first pic shows one military trangia on left, hickers trangia in the middle and the "Sangia" on the right :lol:

by Skidsteer on Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:39 am

Neat!

It doesn't leak?

I put 1 1/2 ounces of fuel in it and turned it upside down overnight---no leakage :D I did not thinl it would as Magic Heat fuel is liquid also. I did have to grind the lip of the teacandle lid down flush so that the threads were high enough that the seal on the lid made contact with the top of the threads.

zelph on Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:46 am

Good idea of using the mouth off of the Magic Heat. I did that on an aluminum canteen, one of those old saucer looking ones. The JB weld failed after a few burns, don't know why. I wanted to make a nasarangia

At first sight I thought I was looking at oops workbench Stoves everywhere!!!!!!! Oops has two borde bombs

It lights easy and flames fast. The jets take close to 30 seconds to take off good. My wick material was pieces of lamp wick all the way around. I don't know if that would make a difference in how fast the jets take off or not. I used jb weld on both side of the flange. I might even put a coat on the outside at the bottom of the threads for extra seal protection. I've always had good luck with jb-weld though EXCEPT when we used it to try to fix the cracked head on my old Corolla :( And Yes, my workbench is a mess, always. The wife does not like to look over to my side of the garage. :lol: Oops is a very fortunate man and I am extremely envious! :mrgreen:

Well i got by focal and all i can see is two stoves now do you mean that you put stove in a stove.Well i guess it time to open the black berry brandy this is about 8 years old sitting on the floor by my computer might help to see :lol: :lol:

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:41 pm

Well i got by focal and all i can see is two stoves now do you mean that you put stove in a stove.Well i guess it time to open the black berry brandy this is about 8 years old sitting on the floor by my computer might help to see
oops56

Private message

I love blackberry anything ! Drink half the bottle, take off your glasses, stand on your head and everything will come to your head including the third stove!

TWO BORDE BOMBS ----you are truely blessed Mr. Oops! ;)

What I did was cut off the top of a magic Heat cannister just to salvage the threaded spout and lid, which has a thick wall, which allows wicking material to be placed up to the jet ports.

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:46 pm

Just for the fun of it, can anyone guess what the object in the first picture laying next to the Kmart grease pot is? It looks like a pen with a pocket clip. I had never seen one until i bought this one.

Skidsteer

Postby Skidsteer » Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:40 pm

Ridgerunner wrote:Just for the fun of it, can anyone guess what the object in the first picture laying next to the Kmart grease pot is? It looks like a pen with a pocket clip. I had never seen one until i bought this one.

Mini hand drill?
Skids

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Albert Einstein, (attributed)

Return to “Stove Of The Month Club”