Jan. Entry #2 for Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner

Jan. Entry #2 for Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:08 pm

Heine Companion Plus Stove

Designed from a cookie tin, it serves as your kitchen storage container, woodburning stove, and windscreen for an Alky stove. :lol: I was very impressed how quickly it cooked in woodburning mode. It will also store the Ring of Fire Stove. Here are some pics of it (hopefully in thumbnail mode-- :lol: )

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Last edited by Ridgerunner on Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:09 pm, edited 6 times in total.
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

Ridgerunner

Re: Jan. Entry #2 for Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:16 pm

Ahh, it worked Pricipal Zelph. The student goes to the head of the class. Now for the next lesson. Can the thumbnails be shown horizonally instead of vertically to condense the post that much further?
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

zelph

Postby zelph » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:25 pm

Ridgerunner wrote:Ahh, it worked Pricipal Zelph. The student goes to the head of the class. Now for the next lesson. Can the thumbnails be shown horizonally instead of vertically to condense the post that much further?

Very well done student Stovie :mrgreen:

Oops is working on the side-by-side mode. He got 2 to work. :D
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:23 pm

Heine Companion Plus Stove

Designed from a cookie tin, it serves as your kitchen storage container, woodburning stove, and windscreen for an Alky stove. I was very impressed how quickly it cooked in woodburning mode. It will also store the Ring of Fire Stove. Here are some pics of it (hopefully in thumbnail mode-- )

UPDATE>>>>>> Just thought of another useage for the Heine Companion Plus Stove. You can put a teacandle in it and you have a lantern. Image FYI-- the mini cheese shredder is sold @ Kroger for $2.50

So the Heine CPS can be used as a storage container for your heine pot, a wind screen for a Alky stove, a wood burning stove, and a candle lantern. That is 4 functions for one piece of gear---kind of unique. ;) Just thought of a fifth useage....in a pinch, use it to dig your cat hole :lol: :lol: :lol:

CajunHiker

Postby CajunHiker » Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:43 pm

And what's the purpose of the cheese grater? (Besides the cheese thing.)

oops56

Postby oops56 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:24 pm

CajunHiker wrote:And what's the purpose of the cheese grater? (Besides the cheese thing.)

I think you can make some good wood shaving to start you fire.
Man play with fire man get burnt

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:36 pm

I think you can make some good wood shaving to start you fire.

Good one oops. I like grated cheese in burritos and 3 way cincinnati chili spaghetti---mmmmmm--mmmmm good

Skidsteer

Postby Skidsteer » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:54 pm

Ridgerunner wrote:Just thought of a fifth useage....in a pinch, use it to dig your cat hole :lol: :lol: :lol:

Great!

Now I can leave my boot heels at home!
:D
Skids

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Albert Einstein, (attributed)

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:03 pm

Now I can leave my boot heels at home!

Really, now you can lighten up and wear your trailrunners. After watching the Ol' Stumpjumper hike up and down thru the Smokys in denim blue jeans and New Balance hiking shoes(maybe tennis shoes) , I might just give my Nike Pegasis a try. The feet might appreciate it but there is no way I'm putting on denim blue jeans :P

CajunHiker

Postby CajunHiker » Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:31 pm

Hey Ridgerunner,
I've acquired a cookie tin to build your setup. Do you have any build-up pics? If you were to do over, would you make any changes?
Thanks

Return to “Stove Of The Month Club”