Ridgerunner...Feb. #2 entry...Sweetheart Stove

Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner...Feb. #2 entry...Sweetheart Stove

Postby Ridgerunner » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:50 am

In honor of Valentines and the month of February, I have made a special gift for the significant other in your life, although, precious stones are always preferred by many. :lol: I found a couple heart tins, one of which was an altoids tin but decided on the deeper model to give a little more storage. I have opted to store the pot supports and windscreen in the tin although, thought of going with the pot supports, lighter, striker/magnesium strip, and tinder. The pot supports were designed to fit just inside the Heinekin Pots' concaved bottom. Here are some pics and will try to add the video tomorrow as me and photobucket are not getting along today. :evil:

ImageImageImageImage
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

zelph

Re: Ridgerunner...Feb. #2 entry...Sweetheart Stove

Postby zelph » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:11 am

Ridgerunner wrote:In honor of Valentines and the month of February, I have made a special gift for the significant other in your life, although, precious stones are always preferred by many. :lol: I found a couple heart tins, one of which was an altoids tin but decided on the deeper model to give a little more storage. I have opted to store the pot supports and windscreen in the tin although, thought of going with the pot supports, lighter, striker/magnesium strip, and tinder. The pot supports were designed to fit just inside the Heinekin Pots' concaved bottom. Here are some pics and will try to add the video tomorrow as me and photobucket are not getting along today. :evil:

ImageImageImageImage

My wife said that was very sweet and thoughtful of you only if you purchased the tins originally for your wife and not for your stove addiction :mrgreen:

I like the swing out pot support arms, looks professional. The foil wrap used for the windscreen, Oh MY!! that's creative thinking
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:36 am

Ridgerunner wrote:
In honor of Valentines and the month of February, I have made a special gift for the significant other in your life, although, precious stones are always preferred by many. I found a couple heart tins, one of which was an altoids tin but decided on the deeper model to give a little more storage. I have opted to store the pot supports and windscreen in the tin although, thought of going with the pot supports, lighter, striker/magnesium strip, and tinder. The pot supports were designed to fit just inside the Heinekin Pots' concaved bottom. Here are some pics and will try to add the video tomorrow as me and photobucket are not getting along today.

My wife said that was very sweet and thoughtful of you only if you purchased the tins originally for your wife and not for your stove addiction

This heart was purchased specifically for this purpose. The wife's heart was much bigger and full of chocolate! ;)

Since I can't load the video, I have a few pics of the stove in operation that I will share with you.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
I noticed that when the windscreen was used that the flame really shot to the side that had the larger opening(around the storage area). I will eliminate this problem by cutting a couple slits in the windscreen so that it will fit closer to the Heine Pot by fitting down over the rim of the heart tin on both sides. :)
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

zelph

Postby zelph » Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:28 am

AAHHHHHHH!!!! the sweet sight of victory :D

Do the pot suports swing out for use on different diameter pots?

Interesting, how the placement of a windscreen needs to be equal distantance around a stove to have equal flame patern. Some thing for everyone to take into consideration and also to have holes equally spaced around entire windscreen.
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:59 am

Do the pot suports swing out for use on different diameter pots?

Yes, the pot supports will swing out to accommadate larger diameter pots...aka grease pot.

Return to “Stove Of The Month Club”