Ridgerunner's March entry--Easter Egg Stove

Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner's March entry--Easter Egg Stove

Postby Ridgerunner » Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:03 pm

Well, the month of March brings in Easter and the Easter Bunny brought me a stove. :lol:

I bet Oops does not have one of these babies. The Easter Bunny told me that mine was "exclusive". :lol:
Finally found some metal easter eggs at Walgreens. They contained SweetTarts. The stove contains insulation that is wrapped with Header Tape and the covered with a heavy foil cover with holes punched in it to cut down on the total burner surface. The Egg, foil windscreen/pot support will fit in the Heinie Pot. The first burn attempt, I used a Grease pot on top of the windscreen. Whooooaaaa. The lack of enough escape area for the flame caused the fuel to boil out over top the egg and scorch a nice round area on my work bench. :oops: Glad i did not use the wife's stove!!! :lol: The second burn attempt, I used a Heinie Pot with a couple support rods across the windscreen. I poured in an ounce of fuel and set a match to it. It took off right away. Brought 2 cups of cold well water to a boil in just a little over six minutes. The next test will be to see if it will do the same with just a half an ounce of fuel. I used a second egg to cut a portion off to cover the top half of the egg that is used to support/stabalize the burner half of the egg. It clings to the top half well but a lip saver wristband can be used to make sure it does not come off. It will fit on the inside of the egg top but is a pain in the rump to get out.
Dial-up sucks. 45 minutes to load 10 pics on photobucket---one pic at a time. :twisted:
HAPPY EASTER to all my Stovie friends out there in Cyberspace. :D

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

Allen

Re: Ridgerunner's March entry--Easter Egg Stove

Postby Allen » Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:20 pm

Great ideas here Ridgerunner!

Nice clean cuts too :)

Cheers!

oops56

Postby oops56 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:00 pm

Great next thing you know there be a shoe stove a belt buckle.a hat stove Gee maybe a finger ring stove oh how bout a car hub cap stove.A little candle alcohol stove in you hiking stick on top. :lol: :lol:
Man play with fire man get burnt

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:12 am

Great next thing you know there be a shoe stove a belt buckle.a hat stove Gee maybe a finger ring stove oh how bout a car hub cap stove.A little candle alcohol stove in you hiking stick on top.

No limit to ones imagination :idea: :lol:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

zelph

Postby zelph » Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:40 pm

Happy Easter to you also and fellow stove makers.

Very clever design Ridgerunner. It would be nice to see the cover hinged to the base with a tiny brass hinge :mrgreen:
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Return to “Stove Of The Month Club”