RTV silicone lip protector

zelph

Re: RTV silicone lip protector

Post by zelph » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:06 pm

grumdrig wrote:
Pure Mahem wrote:Can I ask what's the difference if you glop that stuff on your can or use a Silicone bracelet? You don't have to wear the thing on your wrist, just fit it to the can and forget it. ...
My goal was to save weight - my mouth is only a few inches wide. I have nothing against wrist-borne charitable causes.
Take a look at this stuff used for candy molds. culinart Silicone plastique™

Silicone plastique™ is not a liquid, but instead has the consistency of dough. It can be applied by hand to almost any surface or rolled out between two sheets of wax paper. Cure time is only one hour to yield a pliable, yet durable, rubber mold that is suitable for direct food contact. Silicone Plastique™ resists temperatures below freezing and up to 400 degrees F. Because you apply only the amount you need, you save on quantity of silicone used compared to liquid silicones. "Very Cost Effective." Absolutely perfect for chocolate, butter, tallow, cheese, sugar, pastillage, hippen and ice molding.
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Allen

Post by Allen » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:35 pm

zelph wrote:
grumdrig wrote:
Pure Mahem wrote:Can I ask what's the difference if you glop that stuff on your can or use a Silicone bracelet? You don't have to wear the thing on your wrist, just fit it to the can and forget it. ...
My goal was to save weight - my mouth is only a few inches wide. I have nothing against wrist-borne charitable causes.
Take a look at this stuff used for candy molds. culinart Silicone plastique™

Silicone plastique™ is not a liquid, but instead has the consistency of dough. It can be applied by hand to almost any surface or rolled out between two sheets of wax paper. Cure time is only one hour to yield a pliable, yet durable, rubber mold that is suitable for direct food contact. Silicone Plastique™ resists temperatures below freezing and up to 400 degrees F. Because you apply only the amount you need, you save on quantity of silicone used compared to liquid silicones. "Very Cost Effective." Absolutely perfect for chocolate, butter, tallow, cheese, sugar, pastillage, hippen and ice molding.
That's a good find!
Cheers!

grumdrig

Post by grumdrig » Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:23 am

No worries, Pure Mahem :)

Sounds like cool stuff, Zelph - makes me want to think of uses for it!

Thanks, Allen. The RTV looks like it might have some health concerns, though it isn't clear whether the bad stuff goes away during curing. But why use RTV rather than pure silicone? Don't think it would get too hot, since the wristbands don't. So forget I ever said RTV.