Modifications of thrift store purchases

zelph

Re: Modifications of thrift store purchases

Post by zelph » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:05 pm

DarenN wrote:calcium carbide is getting hard to find. i'm led to believe that it is "controlled" up here in Canada. just like denatured alcohol.

don't mess around with C/C in the house. play with it outdoors only. the gas created by adding water will make you sick. personal experience. :oops:

Daren......
Good point.

Really hard to find around here also. I wanted to make a combo stove to incorporate oxygen and acetalyne to super heat 2 cups of water in 1 min. :mrgreen:
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:25 pm

zelph wrote:
DarenN wrote:calcium carbide is getting hard to find. i'm led to believe that it is "controlled" up here in Canada. just like denatured alcohol.

don't mess around with C/C in the house. play with it outdoors only. the gas created by adding water will make you sick. personal experience. :oops:

Daren......
Good point.

Really hard to find around here also. I wanted to make a combo stove to incorporate oxygen and acetalyne to super heat 2 cups of water in 1 min. :mrgreen:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:15 am

Zelph..Found a new pan today at the thrift store..1" height sides..super lightweight,8" nonstick,blue enamel outside(some scotch tape in the picture from the label),bakelite handle mounted with one screw(I might just change that to a knurled brass knob one,pack the handle inside!)..5-3/8 ounces from the factory..

Distributed by Greenbrier International,Inc. 500 Volvo Parkway Chesapeake,VA 23320(CHINA)
Since you started a "pan thread"..someone may want a real light "stir fry" regular one..here's one about as light as they get!
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy