the RWH (rain water harvester)

Cphobes

Re: the RWH (rain water harvester)

Postby Cphobes » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:36 pm

irrationalsolutions wrote:ps
i know this is a little long and all but i also know that tinny and his group read this forum so i wanted to make the directions easy so they could understant them.

Good gracious can't we get at least one thread here without someone draggin' Tinny into this?

-Stephen
--
Y!: cphobes
AOLiM: cphobes
Email: stephen@mcguire.name
Blog: http://www.stephen.mcguire.name/

Cphobes

Postby Cphobes » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:42 pm

zelph wrote:
Mister Krabs wrote:
zelph wrote:Tinny and his group are no longer welcome here. Therefore they will no longer be reading the content of bplite. :shock:

Are you kidding? What about the free exchange of ideas and all that? It's your call, but IMO dissenting voices should be heard, offensive statements should be deleted with no comment.

Tinny crossed the line, harlydave was sent over by tinny to do his dirty work. They are no longer wanted here and are forbidden to view the content of this site. I no longer view his site and it's good riddens. :shock:

The vortex thing might be available in hardware store plumbing dept.

Wow, guess I'll need my account to be deleted then...

I think part of the problem is that you guys bring Tinny up so much it's tiring after a while. There are great ideas here and interesting stuff why pollute it with all this baloney about Tinny. I have made a point (till this post) to not bring it up and to ignore it.

I'd bet this site would be better off if posts about him and people's problems with him were not allowed. At least then we could get back to what we enjoy which is stoves and camping gear. That's what this site is about right? I mean do we have to open up another site called alt.tinny.die.die.die?

-Stephen
--
Y!: cphobes
AOLiM: cphobes
Email: stephen@mcguire.name
Blog: http://www.stephen.mcguire.name/

oops56

Postby oops56 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:21 pm

Hay Cphobes this not about you but you know who it is to :lol: :lol:

Man play with fire man get burnt

irrationalsolutions

Postby irrationalsolutions » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:54 pm

ive been playing around with it a bit today and i still think that it works well for what it is made to do. one thing that i want to do is look around and see if i can find another bottle that has the same size opening and threads but a thicker bottle. it will be heavier by a little bit but it will also be a little stronger. i have noticed that when the bag is almost full of water the sides start to bend in a little. i might try to make one with four tie out points and see how that works.
“Do or do not... there is NO try.” Yoda

Luke "Whats in (out) there?" Yoda "Only what you take with you."

Luke "I can’t believe it." Yoda "That is why you Fail.”

zelph

Postby zelph » Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:11 am

This water collection related, thought I'd stick it in here. If water is collected and boiled and then poured into a bottle from a wide pot this little item comes from sweden and another thread.

ImageImage
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

irrationalsolutions

Postby irrationalsolutions » Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:25 pm

thats kinda cool zelph. while looking at it i was thinking that it is kinda a waste to carry that just for that one purpose. but its a good idea. i wonder if you could use something like that stencil material cutting board i was talking about on the other thread and make a couple slits in it to do the same thing. the slits would be on the edge and wouldnt really interfer with it being used as a cutting board. that would make it duel purpose. think that might work?

zelph

Postby zelph » Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:32 pm

Yes, the cutting board would work great, dual purpose :D

irrationalsolutions

Postby irrationalsolutions » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 pm

i think i figured out a good lite weight pre filter for the RWH. my sister had her baby shower a few weeks ago and the wife brought me back a few of the candy bags they had at the shower. the bags were a blue see-thru mesh with a ribbon that closed it shut. ive been looking at them for a few weeks and knew that would work for something. they i was looking at my miniworks today and making sure everything was still working and looked over and saw then on the table. so i thought it would make a good prefilter for the filter. when i was putting that up i saw the RWH. i think i can put one on that and make sure the big stuff doesnt get in.

im still not sure how i would go about doing it yet but i think it would be a good idea to try.

oops56

Postby oops56 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:20 pm

irrationalsolutions wrote:i think i figured out a good lite weight pre filter for the RWH. my sister had her baby shower a few weeks ago and the wife brought me back a few of the candy bags they had at the shower. the bags were a blue see-thru mesh with a ribbon that closed it shut. ive been looking at them for a few weeks and knew that would work for something. they i was looking at my miniworks today and making sure everything was still working and looked over and saw then on the table. so i thought it would make a good prefilter for the filter. when i was putting that up i saw the RWH. i think i can put one on that and make sure the big stuff doesnt get in.

im still not sure how i would go about doing it yet but i think it would be a good idea to try.

Put it in a silk stocking.
Man play with fire man get burnt

zelph

Postby zelph » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:03 pm

Put it in a silk stocking.

Those are Vintage and you are showing your age. :D

Nylon stockings came after the original silk ;)

Return to “DIY Odds and Ends”