LED bulbs?

zelph

Re: LED bulbs?

Post by zelph » Wed May 13, 2009 10:21 am

Thanks for the useful links. Makes me want to create with LED's

awhile back I made this simple single led light that snapped onto the terminals of a nine volt battery. I was into emergency preparedness things. I had 9v lithium batteries stashed in appropriate grab and run packs along with the little led lights. I used shrink tube to encase the wiring and resistor.

http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Wed May 13, 2009 11:59 am

Zelph..that is a handy small unit but just one more different battery I'd have to buy/carry...For myself,I'll more than likely just look for a small flashlight that is already setup for 2 AA..for the usually thrift store price of a buck...If I don't laready have one.I'm doing some craigs listing today and doing some digging so I might find some... :mrgreen:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

irrationalsolutions

Post by irrationalsolutions » Wed May 13, 2009 3:19 pm

if you wanted to have something like that and it run off AA it wouldnt be too hard to do. you would just need a AA battery box and a different resistor.
“Do or do not... there is NO try.” Yoda

Luke "Whats in (out) there?" Yoda "Only what you take with you."

Luke "I can’t believe it." Yoda "That is why you Fail.”

zelph

Post by zelph » Wed May 13, 2009 4:59 pm

At one time all my battery operated stuff was 9v. It was my coice of battery and still is. Last year I modified a 12v marine /trailer light/amber, to a head lamp. The begginings of the project is here in a thread somewhere :?

I went and dug up these photos to show the parts that were used and considered for use in the head lamp project.

Note. making your devices with the snap on 9v conection makes it so you only need one or two lithium rechargeable batteries.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/