Easy Cookpot Conversion

Ridgerunner

Easy Cookpot Conversion

Post by Ridgerunner » Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:04 pm

I lucked into a few odds and ends at the Valley Thrift. Grease Pot(part of cannister set)...49cents., Coffee filter...69cents, perculator guts....9cents, and molds.....29 cents for eight. The grease pot is perfect size. (same diameter of heine pot and 1.5 inches shorter. Two cups of water comes up to the bottom of the "G". Notice how the top edge of the pot is slightly rolled inward so the grease filter can sit on top and the lid still fits on snug. A lip saver silicone band fits around the top to drink straight from the pot. The conversion to a coffee perculator was simple and the prospect of inverting the grease filter on the bottom of the pot for baking has potential. I still need to add a wire bail and some small baking vent holes to the top sides. The pics should explain all. Not bad for a buck fifty-six. :DP:
ImageImageImage[ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

irrationalsolutions

Re: Easy Cookpot Conversion

Post by irrationalsolutions » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:41 pm

that looks like a good set up. now i have to make a trip out to see what i can find.
“Do or do not... there is NO try.” Yoda

Luke "Whats in (out) there?" Yoda "Only what you take with you."

Luke "I can’t believe it." Yoda "That is why you Fail.”

DaddyMnM

Post by DaddyMnM » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:54 pm

RR,
That setup is so clever, Zelph should add a gadget of the month competition. This one would be a winner for sure! Now I have yet another way to look at thrift shop treasure :lol:

zelph

Post by zelph » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:33 pm

Not bad for a buck fifty-six.
Quote of the month club also :mrgreen:

All that for a buck fifty six, super find and clever usage.

I like the zelph size spoon in the one photo, good for eating eggs. :o :DBfire:
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/