DIY Rippled Windscreen

realityguy

Re: DIY Rippled Windscreen

Post by realityguy » Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:58 pm

Too bad the folks don't collect antique backpacking stoves. :lol:

Maybe you could tell/show them how cool they are and talk them into it.. :mrgreen:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:42 am

They are in their twilight years. I'm just hoping they sell off most the stuff they have before leaving us but I doubt that that will happen . :( It's going to be one heck of an auction ! :roll:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:29 pm

RR..found another roll of aluminum garden edging today..probably 20+' for 1.99.. :mrgreen:
Hey! I got ripped off!it was only a buck at somebody's garage sale!Dang thrift store doubled the price on me! :evil:

:lol: ..nice stuff..both edges are doubled up for 1/4",3-1/2" high..I think you live in the wrong "neck of the woods"... :DB: :lol:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Post by zelph » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:24 pm

I think the device is for "flooting" lace on petticoat type of wearing apperal used by the rich and famous of years gone by. :D

The lace was soaked in starch and then to almost dry and then put through the hand cranked "flooter" (not fluter)the results were ruffled/fluted lace edging that would be applied to where ever it was desired.

That was my best shot at guessing what it might be :mrgreen:

What is it ????????
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:38 pm

zelph wrote:I think the device is for "flooting" lace on petticoat type of wearing apperal used by the rich and famous of years gone by. :D

The lace was soaked in starch and then to almost dry and then put through the hand cranked "flooter" (not fluter)the results were ruffled/fluted lace edging that would be applied to where ever it was desired.

That was my best shot at guessing what it might be :mrgreen:

What is it ????????
Yeah, it's a clothing flooter, fluter. whatever, and it has two round bars that are heated and inserted into the two crimpers. Are you still using yours? :P :lol:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

zelph

Post by zelph » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:09 pm

I use it on my long sleeve shirts, on the cuffs and bowtie :lol:

Vibe

Post by Vibe » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:38 am

So it's really a FAlooter...and you are a HIGH Falooten stovie. :D
The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject.
- Marcus Aurelius--------------------------------------------- Image

zelph

Post by zelph » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:42 am

Vibe wrote:So it's really a FAlooter...and you are a HIGH Falooten stovie. :D
:lol: that's me!!!