Would you call this a "Stovie Fridge"?

Vibe

Would you call this a "Stovie Fridge"?

Post by Vibe » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:12 pm

The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject.
- Marcus Aurelius--------------------------------------------- Image

dzierzak

Re: Would you call this a "Stovie Fridge"?

Post by dzierzak » Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:48 pm

Can you say "swamp cooler"???

zelph

Post by zelph » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:53 pm

It's a "stovie Torch" Use alcohol instead of water :mrgreen:

Wonder if the evaporation rate of alcohol could drop the temperature down to freezing :o The contents could be slush (trail slurppy)
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

DarenN

Post by DarenN » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:20 pm

this is exactly the same technology used ages ago to cool wine, or other beverages. the bottle was wrapped in cord, the cord soaked with water. as the water evaporated it sucked heat out of the contents.

when i'm out crab fishing i put a couple beers in the crab trap and lower it to the bottom. nice cold beer! :mrgreen:
"I'd rather be happy than right." Slartibartfast

zelph

Post by zelph » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:04 am

Dromidary bag comes to mind, I'll have to google that one. Canvas bag that has seep holes :?

Rashida

Post by Rashida » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:48 am

I've seen this before but I can't remember when or where. The only thing that I remember it when the time I saw that thing is I am with my friends. I should better try to us this to my friends maybe they know something about this.

sudden

Post by sudden » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:59 am

Articreel is what it reminds me of. Dunk it in water while you're out fishing and it will keep your catch cool till you get home.

I wonder if that metal fridge could be used as an oven if you soak it with alcohol? That would be some nice dual purpose kit.
"People are not persuaded by what we say, but rather by what they understand."

shingaling

Post by shingaling » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:22 pm

Had plastic army surplus canteens when I was a kid, but Dad always hiked with his aluminum, Vietnam-era canteen with case. The lining of the case was ratty wool batting. I thought he was crazy when he made me soak the case before a hike one summer day, but I sure was amazed when we hit the trail and the water was cold! I think that trick would also work with the old, round 'prospector' canteens with the wool plaid coverings on each side.
Any road followed precisely to its end leads precisely nowhere. Climb the mountain just a little bit to test that it's a mountain. From the top of the mountain, you cannot see the mountain.

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:03 pm

New technology?..I'll be darned!You mean you youngsters don't have one of these? :o

:roll: .... :lol:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Post by zelph » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:46 am

realityguy wrote:New technology?..I'll be darned!You mean you youngsters don't have one of these? :o

:roll: .... :lol:
I used them as wine coolers in my hayday :DB: Football games took on a new meaning :roll: Gave that up long ago :D