The Skidsteer Ziplock Kitchen

hoz

The Skidsteer Ziplock Kitchen

Post by hoz » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:53 am

Does anyone have a video or pictures and instructions of the Skids Kitchen with joined lids? An internet buddy is trying to make one and having problems gluing the two tops together. What glue to use?

oops56

Re: The Skidsteer Ziplock Kitchen

Post by oops56 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:12 am

here how i did mine i just elc. tape mine together no glue

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiV-qwNZ ... annel_page
Man play with fire man get burnt

irrationalsolutions

Post by irrationalsolutions » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:50 am

i have always used the one that has one lid with the center cut out for the smaller "bowl" to fit into.

but if i was going to do it that way i would start with gorilla glue and blue duct tape and see where that left me.
“Do or do not... there is NO try.” Yoda

Luke "Whats in (out) there?" Yoda "Only what you take with you."

Luke "I can’t believe it." Yoda "That is why you Fail.”

hoz

Post by hoz » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:20 pm

I have the cutout lid also. But my buddy wants the two lid type.He used superglue and it let go when hot water was added. I told him to try 3M 5200. It's the grippinest stuff I've run across.

oops56

Post by oops56 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:14 pm

Man play with fire man get burnt

hoz

Post by hoz » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:06 am

thx Oops, I forwarded those vids to my hiking buddy.

Mister Krabs

Post by Mister Krabs » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:29 pm

I made the "deluxe" version with the 2 cup screw top and the back to back rings. 2 words, duct tape.

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner » Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:42 pm

My kit has the one cutout ring. My curiosity has peaked as to the added benefits of a 2 ring setup other than the downside of added weight, no matter how insignificant:?: Please enlighten me as I go back thru the post to check into the merits. 8-)
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

hoz

Post by hoz » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:59 pm

Ridgerunner wrote:My kit has the one cutout ring. My curiosity has peaked as to the added benefits of a 2 ring setup other than the downside of added weight, no matter how insignificant:?: Please enlighten me as I go back thru the post to check into the merits. 8-)
With the double ring it's possible to have a 2 cup AND the one cup bowl in addition to the quart container.

Mister Krabs

Post by Mister Krabs » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:03 pm

I use my small cup as a coffee filter basket, so it's got holes in it.
The two rings means I still have a cup & a bowl for my grits and coffee. So my system actually has the small ziplock for the coffee filter, the 2 cup ziplock for the cup and the 4 cup for the "bowl". It all nests with my 8oz fuel bottle, my starlyte, wind screen, medicine cup, the jess lid, a lexan spoon and a joyce chen handy knife and a couple freezer bags. All wrapped in a fedex bubblewrap cozy.
If I'm going with my son, I slide the whole thing into a smaller IMUSA aluminum cup (it's a nice tight fit) and add a fancee feest inside.
I generally drink 2-3 cups of coffee, so that means I make coffee first, drink it out of the big (insulated) 4 cup container, then while I'm drinking it, I boil some more water for the grits and bacon or oatmeal which I eat out of the 2 cup container.
I wake up at dawn pretty much no matter what so I have plenty of time to break camp, especially if I'm with a partner.