Ridgerunner DIY Homemade Frisbee Disc Golf Basket

Ridgerunner

Re: Ridgerunner DIY Disc Golf Basket

Post by Ridgerunner » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:06 pm

Don't tempt me, Cuz ! I have woods, creeks, a back meadow, and several hills on almost 10 acres. I could make a 9 hole course if I was that ambitious but I built it for practice. There are quite a few courses in the area with four being very close. Here are a couple more pics for those interested in making one of these baskets.
ImageImage
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:53 pm

.. got sand traps? :lol:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:29 pm

realityguy wrote:.. got sand traps? :lol:
Only in parts of the creek bed during the summer months. :D Not really much of an obsticle for disc golf! :lol:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:39 pm

What's par on most of those courses..3 per hole?
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:36 am

realityguy wrote:What's par on most of those courses..3 per hole?
The ones I've played so far, the pars are 2, 3, or 4.

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:26 am

Hmm...I know there's at least one in this town about a mile from here.If i come across a good frisbee at the thrift stores...guess I'll pick one up and see how I do someday... :mrgreen:
I think the last frisbee I bought was about 4 years ago..one of the professional models still in the original shrinkwrap and cardboard backing dated in the 70s..I sold it on ebay to a guy in Belgium for $12+... :lol:
Somewhere I have an old whamo boomerang..can I use that?Might be kind of hard to make par... unless I stand next to the cup.. :lol:

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:17 pm

I have one of the old 70's model frisbees. They just don't compare to the newer disc when it comes to distance and characteristics. I played a couple rounds with the old frisbee and finally broke down and bought a 3 disc set......NEW ! :o :o

zelph

Re: Ridgerunner DIY Homemade Frisbee Disc Golf Basket

Post by zelph » Wed May 05, 2010 2:36 pm

Time to get the frisbee out and get the arm in shape :D
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Ridgerunner

Re: Ridgerunner DIY Homemade Frisbee Disc Golf Basket

Post by Ridgerunner » Wed May 05, 2010 6:20 pm

zelph wrote:Time to get the frisbee out and get the arm in shape :D
Your right! I have another ACE garbage can to make another basket with so I can go back and forth across the yard. i may make an Instructables vid. for construction. First I have to make a couplesets of Cornhole boards and a set of Washer boards! ;)