Heater

oops56

Heater

Postby oops56 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:28 pm

Check this out i think i use streno instead of candle the wick type sterno. just as soon this storm is over looks like all nighter.

http://www.heatstick.com/
Man play with fire man get burnt

Pure Mahem

Re: Heater

Postby Pure Mahem » Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:26 am

Very neat oops! Do I detect someon who will be heatin there shed with a candle, a bolt, and a bunch of nuts, washers and flower pots. Very Green! :mrgreen:
"Lad I don't know where you've been. But, I see you won first prize!"

zelph

Postby zelph » Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:18 pm

A Kandle Heeter™ Candle Holder will not heat "up" a room! It's just a candle. The Kandle Heeter™ Candle Holder will add the heat of the candle to your room and the ambience of a miniature "fireplace". (Always use a candle in a suitable container. Do not use a pillar candle -- it will melt!) Think of it this way, ". . . it keeps the cold out . . ."

Where would the heat of the candle go if you did'nt have it in a KandleHeeter?????? :D
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Skidsteer

Postby Skidsteer » Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:11 pm

What I was thinking too, Zelph.

Also, I thought a terracotta pot would act as an insulator, not a conductor.

Do you think the idea is to store the heat for release later. Like rocks in the desert?

:lol:
Skids

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Albert Einstein, (attributed)

oops56

Postby oops56 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:15 pm

Skidsteer wrote:What I was thinking too, Zelph.

Do you think the idea is to store the heat for release later. Like rocks in the desert?

Go back and read you miss the point It heats up the bolt and washer then it heats the pots. You know you can make a oven out of them pots.

zelph

Postby zelph » Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:33 pm

oops56 wrote:

Go back and read you miss the point It heats up the bolt and washer then it heats the pots. You know you can make a oven out of them pots.

This is a very new invention, and we are all learning together how to tease the most heat possible from a candle flame. But even better than a candle is our latest invention, the GlowWarmtm Electric Candle where 10% of the energy is "wasted" as light!

:D :D The amount of wax determins the amount of heat that comes out of a candle. His new invention can't squeeze any more out :D He did manage to squeeze $30.00 out of you oops. The guy learned from Barnum and Bailey about circus life and how there is a special person born every minute :D Suspend a boat anchor over the candle to collect the heat and have a nautical theme in your room, same diff. :mrgreen:

Skidsteer

Postby Skidsteer » Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:43 pm

oops56 wrote:

An oven, yeah.

Dances with Mice had a doozy at Soruck made from terracotta pots. The reason is that terracotta keeps the heat inside because it's a crappy heat conductor.

I suppose the bolts do an ok job but aluminum bolts would conduct better I guess.

Allright Oops, I've got an open mind. Figure out a way to test it against a stand alone candle of the same size.

We should have fun discussing it at any rate. ;)
Skids

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

zelph

Postby zelph » Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:49 pm

But even better than a candle is our latest invention, the GlowWarmtm Electric Candle where 10% of the energy is "wasted" as light!

I think what the guy should have said was 10 percent of the energy is wasted as HEAT :)

DWM had an oven made of pots????? Sorta heavy for the backpaker :D

oops56

Postby oops56 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:15 pm

zelph wrote:.
But even better than a candle is our latest invention, the GlowWarmtm Electric Candle where 10% of the energy is "wasted" as light!

I think what the guy should have said was 10 percent of the energy is wasted as HEAT :)

Yell i guess i got to show you my sterno heat that i made it work good all but on piece one of heat conductor was alum. it melt i fix it and show it.

Skidsteer

Postby Skidsteer » Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:35 pm

zelph wrote:.

A smoker, actually.

Dude, you shoulda seen it. A work of art/simplicity. He scribed a paver to calibrate assorted air intakes from the bottom.

Proof was in the pudding. Well, BBQ truth be told. It was delicious! 8-)
Skids

Return to “DIY Odds and Ends”