idea for Heine pot storage

hiflyer

idea for Heine pot storage

Postby hiflyer » Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:30 am

Good day all,

1st off, Thanks to all for sharing all the knowledge. I've never backpacked before, but being cooped up for the past week with -50 windchills, I decided I need to get out more in the summer!

I have built a modified penny stove (3 pairs of jets on the inside), 1/4" (soon to be 1/2") hard-cloth stand and a Heiney Pot Stove.

I noticed that a lot have really good ideas which I plan to use for storage of the cooking stuff & pot so it doesn't get banged up.

What about a 100-cd Spindle Case? It is thicker & harder than any of the Ziplock-type containers I've seen.

The main part is PP and the locking top is PS which I had to look up...
#5 - Polypropylene (PP)
Used for: Ketchup bottles, yogurt containers and margarine tubs, medicine bottles
#6 - Polystyrene (PS)
Used for: Compact disc jackets, food service applications, grocery store meat trays, egg cartons, aspirin bottles, cups, plates.

I don't know much about it, so if anyone could share their thoughts I would appreciate it.

(I plan on trying our freezerbagcooking mainly when the time rolls around.)

Rock on, and thanks to all for your knowledge!

zelph

Re: idea for Heine pot storage

Postby zelph » Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:19 am

Hi Highflyer, welcome to bplite and thanks for the tip. It looks like the container will work just fine. I reached over and checked out my container of discs and the pp plastic feels tuff as nails and should be able to stand up to any abuse that you might encounter while backpacking. Great idea and good eyes for DIY stuff :D

I'm starting to get cabin fever here in northern IL. Just got back from frigid Minnesota when they had -30 windchills. Had I brought my ice fishing gear, I'da gone fishin. Had a few invites to do so but I had to pass. :(

Freezer bag cooking is the way to go. I think it's the most efficient way to go!!!!! GO LITE, FREEZER BAG IT :D

We're glad to share our little tidbits of information here and thanks for sharing your insights into items of use on the trails. glad to have you here Highflyer!!!
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Return to “DIY Odds and Ends”