backpacker grill

DarenN

backpacker grill

Post by DarenN » Sat May 31, 2008 10:25 pm

i made this little break-down grill on a whim. the grill rods and legs are all stainless steel. the square tubing is aluminum. it breaks down into individual pieces, or just take the legs off and pack it flat. i've gone to wingnuts since the pic was taken.

Daren....
"I'd rather be happy than right." Slartibartfast

zelph

Re: backpacker grill

Post by zelph » Sat May 31, 2008 10:57 pm

It's first class Daren. It'll last a loooooong time. What's your favorite grilling food? Mine is eggs :mrgreen: They explode with a pop!!!! :lol: :lol:

T bones are my first choice, med rare, no catsup :D

Why don't they allow campfires on the islands? Are they always in a state of dry condition?
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

DarenN

Post by DarenN » Sat May 31, 2008 11:42 pm

zelph wrote:It's first class Daren. It'll last a loooooong time. What's your favorite grilling food? Mine is eggs :mrgreen: They explode with a pop!!!! :lol: :lol:

T bones are my first choice, med rare, no catsup :D

Why don't they allow campfires on the islands? Are they always in a state of dry condition?
thought you didn't like eggs. Ridgerunner said so. :mrgreen: i'd like to hear more about your grilled egg bombs. cooking in the shell sounds like a great idea.

i'll take a t-bone if i can't get a porterhouse. very rare. just warm it up works for me. my dad used to say "just wipe it's butt, knock it's horns off, and throw it on a plate!"

i'm real partial to sausage. farmer, garlic, kolbassa, mennonite, bratwurst. doesn't matter much. if it's a sausage, it's good. :mrgreen: eat 'em on a bun or mix 'em with mashed spuds.

campfires aren't allowed in the federal parks. paranoia, is my call. or pressure from liberal gay baby fur seal loving tree-hugger types. the provincial parks aren't so restriced. but harder to get to. i'm looking into it. trying to find a spot as accessable and interesting as the fed parks. i think they enacted the fire bans to stop the kids from partying on the beaches of these eco-sensitive little islands, and leaving a mess behind them. what it really does is make the rest of us a little pissed. and the kids still party the beaches. when i build a fire, it is no bigger than one foot in diameter, and always below the high tide line. kayakers as a rule, are very eco-freindly. i've met very few who don't think about their eco-impact.

leave no trace;
Daren........
"I'd rather be happy than right." Slartibartfast

jackpetro

Post by jackpetro » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:31 am

I made this little break-down grill on a whim The grill rods and legs are all stainless steel. This is frontier-style cooking at its best, with a snapping, crackling fire and a seared, slightly crispy fish. The Backpackers grill is flat. It's easy to throw a grill in your backpack when hiking through the wilderness.

zelph

Post by zelph » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:37 pm

jackpetro wrote:I made this little break-down grill on a whim The grill rods and legs are all stainless steel. This is frontier-style cooking at its best, with a snapping, crackling fire and a seared, slightly crispy fish. The Backpackers grill is flat. It's easy to throw a grill in your backpack when hiking through the wilderness.

I see the reviews, what is the name of your stove? I'm at a library and am limited to my searching. Thanks. Give us more info.
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/