Bios and old fuel

The stove creations of Oops56 and a Collection of Vintage Stoves of the Past
zelph

Bios and old fuel

Postby zelph » Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:34 pm

This info has been transferred from another thread. It was originally posted by Oops56. Thanks for the info oops.

Well i tried to make old alcohol by heat it up to a steam. The bios is the first type with the neck down in it the elite is a close inner wall. Now zelph if this not right for you on hear just delete it.P. S. i put this on tinny's site and he delete it i said i would not put up on hear but to bad.

http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Vibe

Re: Bios and old fuel

Postby Vibe » Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:55 pm

That video tells me two things. Well two major things anyways.
1) The alleged "problem" is not as serious as some would have us believe.
and
2) Preheat the stove hot enough before putting a wet pot on top and the outer walls can get cooled off fast from the water dripping down onto the stove. Cool the alcohol vapor enough and fast enough, and the pressure in the outer wall will "collapse" sucking fuel from the inner chamber up to where the jets are. This is actually a plausible explanation of the phenomenon. And the smaller the volume in the outer wall chamber, the more likely for it to happen. Particularly with a full stove.
The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject.
- Marcus Aurelius--------------------------------------------- Image

hoz

Postby hoz » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:32 pm

You know"yoda*" on YT posted something about water from the pot bottom dripping onto the stove. And how if it was THAT finicky maybe it isn't the best design for backpackers.

However, his post was translated from Japanese and lost a lot along the way. Tiny and his "cult" made fun of him on their site.

taliesin369

Postby taliesin369 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:30 pm

I saw where they made fun of yoda. He is actually a really good guy (yoda), just misinterpreted sometimes. He has been very helpful any time I asked for his help. I, also, thought that was wrong on their parts. Peace.

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:27 am

taliesin369 wrote:I saw where they made fun of yoda. He is actually a really good guy (yoda), just misinterpreted sometimes. He has been very helpful any time I asked for his help. I, also, thought that was wrong on their parts. Peace.

Welcome aboard taliesin369 ! Glad to have you here. I hope you find some useful info here. We like to share ideas and bounce thoughts off each other. There is a lot of good info here for the DIY'ers ! Be sure to check out the cooking section. Sabar will post a great recipe for freezer bag cooking every now and then. Zelph and I like our eggs ! ;) :lol:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

Pure Mahem

Postby Pure Mahem » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:31 am

A regular couple of eggheads :ugeek: you two are! :lol: :mrgreen:
"Lad I don't know where you've been. But, I see you won first prize!"

zelph

Postby zelph » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:43 am

Pure Mahem wrote:A regular couple of eggheads :ugeek: you two are! :lol: :mrgreen:

Hardboiled and Scrambled= Hardheaded and a little mixed up. :lol: :lol: :lol:
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:49 am

zelph wrote:
Pure Mahem wrote:A regular couple of eggheads :ugeek: you two are! :lol: :mrgreen:

Hardboiled and Scrambled= Hardheaded and a little mixed up. :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Good one brother Zelph !
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

Return to “Oops56 Creations and Things”