Duck Tape

The stove creations of Oops56 and a Collection of Vintage Stoves of the Past
oops56
Posts: 1920
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:31 am

Duck Tape

Postby oops56 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:32 am

Well the last time i put duck tape on theses jeans it last for 3 washing still good but i change it to gorilla tape much better
Image
Man play with fire man get burnt

User avatar
zelph
Posts: 15822
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:53 pm

Re: Duck Tape

Postby zelph » Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:22 pm

Interesting oops, what's the difference do you think? More threads per inch in the gorrilla or better adhesive?

I always chose 3M brand tapes.
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

oops56
Posts: 1920
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:31 am

Re: Duck Tape

Postby oops56 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:23 pm

zelph wrote:Interesting oops, what's the difference do you think? More threads per inch in the gorrilla or better adhesive?

I always chose 3M brand tapes.

both and stronger oops cost more :o
Man play with fire man get burnt

User avatar
zelph
Posts: 15822
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:53 pm

Re: Duck Tape

Postby zelph » Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:28 pm

oops56 wrote:
zelph wrote:Interesting oops, what's the difference do you think? More threads per inch in the gorrilla or better adhesive?

I always chose 3M brand tapes.

both and stronger oops cost more :o


More money is ok if it's a better product. I have not noticed the tape on the shelves around here.
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

oops56
Posts: 1920
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:31 am

Re: Duck Tape

Postby oops56 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:46 pm

zelph wrote:
oops56 wrote:
zelph wrote:Interesting oops, what's the difference do you think? More threads per inch in the gorrilla or better adhesive?

I always chose 3M brand tapes.

both and stronger oops cost more :o


More money is ok if it's a better product. I have not noticed the tape on the shelves around here.


I got mine at wal mart i think ace hardware has it
Man play with fire man get burnt

User avatar
Ridgerunner
Posts: 5275
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:08 pm
Location: SW, Ohio
Contact:

Re: Duck Tape

Postby Ridgerunner » Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:00 pm

Gorilla Tape vs. Duck Tape? Is Gorilla® tape really stronger than duct tape?
Gorilla tape and Duck tape are both duct tape. They are made basically the same way. There are different qualities of duct tape - the strength is usually determined by the amount of fiber that is in the middle layer. Gorilla tape uses more glue than Duck tape. This has caused problems. When the tape gets warm, the glue gets soft and the tape shifts. This ain't good. Duck® brand came out with a tape that competes nicely with Gorilla tape - "Ultimate Duck Tape" - good strong tape that has just the right amount of adhesive to provide a good strong repair without the shifting and oozing that Gorilla tape has a problem with. Stick with Duck®! - DTG
http://www.duckproducts.com/products/detail.asp?catid=1&subid=1&plid=720
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !


Return to “Oops56 Creations and Things”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest