Page 1 of 3

The heavy weight stove or oven

Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:03 pm
by oops56

Re: The heavy weight stove or oven

Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:46 pm
by Ridgerunner
Nice priject Oops! Would it be beneficial to use the reflective panels on the sides INSIDE the box and just leave the bottom black? :idea:

Re: The heavy weight stove or oven

Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:33 pm
by oops56
Ridgerunner wrote:Nice priject Oops! Would it be beneficial to use the reflective panels on the sides INSIDE the box and just leave the bottom black? :idea:

far all i read all black is better more area to catch heat some alum. inside well reflect back out

Re: The heavy weight stove or oven

Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:42 pm
by zelph
Perfecto!!!!! Just right for cooking eggs sunny side up :lol: :lol: I like eggs ;) Eggzactly what I need.

Did you get a reading on the water inside the pot?

You should make a permanent solar cooker attached to a window on the south side of your house. Heat up cups of coffee in the winter time. Open the window, reach in and get your solar heated water :D

Re: The heavy weight stove or oven

Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:49 pm
by oops56
zelph wrote:Perfecto!!!!! Just right for cooking eggs sunny side up :lol: :lol: I like eggs ;) Eggzactly what I need.

Did you get a reading on the water inside the pot?

You should make a permanent solar cooker attached to a window on the south side of your house. Heat up cups of coffee in the winter time. Open the window, reach in and get your solar heated water :D

no it was just a dry run if i can keep it 250 for 3 or 4 hours can cook anything cant wait but next 3 days say rain

Re: The heavy weight stove or oven

Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:54 pm
by zelph
Did you get it to stay at 250 for 3 hours?????

Re: The heavy weight stove or oven

Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:43 pm
by oops56
zelph wrote:Did you get it to stay at 250 for 3 hours?????

it took 1 hour to get 250 but had clouds sun in and out but when the sun stay out temp stayed at 250 for a hour then i was done. I think at 250 i can make donuts :lol: :lol:

Re: The heavy weight stove or oven

Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:40 pm
by zelph
oops56 wrote:
zelph wrote:Did you get it to stay at 250 for 3 hours?????

it took 1 hour to get 250 but had clouds sun in and out but when the sun stay out temp stayed at 250 for a hour then i was done. I think at 250 i can make donuts :lol: :lol:


At 250 you can make an omelet :D

Re: The heavy weight stove or oven

Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:35 pm
by zelph
Build a couple of these onto your house and your workshop/stove museum

http://www.motherearthnews.com/Do-It-Yo ... abber.aspx

Re: The heavy weight stove or oven

Posted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:04 pm
by oops56