Who says you have to

The stove creations of Oops56 and a Collection of Vintage Stoves of the Past
oops56

Who says you have to

Postby oops56 » Tue Dec 25, 2007 10:28 pm

Why do we have to make a stove to boil 16 oz. water under 3 min.This stove that i made 3 of them between last night and today i was trying to make a better stove for the jet boil not to good. I already got one that works ok but trying to make better.Now this stove is a honey a cheese can and tomato juice can bottom fits just right .The holes are push pins 3/4 down at a up angle 12 holes.The can is 2 in. od 2in. hi i put a wick around the bottom inside jb wed to can. The fill hole is left as it is just take out the rubber plug looks like a 1/8 hole. Here is the kicker on a 1/2 oz. fuel 15ml boil time 3.40 sec. total burn 4 min.I did not like that so i tried 17 ml. boil real good 4 min but now i got a 7 min. burn go finger. The can is a beef stew can 4 in. o d and the flames does not came up the sides witch i was trying for i guess with a windscreen it be faster.

Man play with fire man get burnt

Allen

Re: Who says you have to

Postby Allen » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:14 pm

I think this a really good idea. I'm not familier with Cheese Zip, but I'll look for it :)

Allen

Postby Allen » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:21 pm

oops56,

If You used the Cheese Zip bottle as the inner wall on the GrinchMT stove You are looking at, it will probably prime faster.

irrationalsolutions

Postby irrationalsolutions » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:11 am

this sounds good did you ever get any pics?
“Do or do not... there is NO try.” Yoda

Luke "Whats in (out) there?" Yoda "Only what you take with you."

Luke "I can’t believe it." Yoda "That is why you Fail.”

Return to “Oops56 Creations and Things”