FeatherFire

Give results of stoves tested. At least three test burns made in succession using 1/2 ounce of denatured alcohol and 2 cups of water. Give any and all additional conditions that exist during testing.

Stoves bought retail and Do-It-Yourself stoves. Everyone is welcome to post their results and post comments.
Ridgerunner

Re: FeatherFire

Postby Ridgerunner » Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:51 pm

Got to get back to fixin my snow blower, winter dropped into the midwest

Been snowing all day here in SW Ohio. No accumalation yet but I too am going to retrive the snowblower and get it ready just in case. ;)
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

oops56

Postby oops56 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:25 pm

Ridgerunner wrote:
Got to get back to fixin my snow blower, winter dropped into the midwest

Been snowing all day here in SW Ohio. No accumalation yet but I too am going to retrive the snowblower and get it ready just in case. ;)

Well mine been broke for 6 years whats one more be side the wife is up and walking getting her a new shove. :lol: :lol:
Man play with fire man get burnt

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:16 pm

Well mine been broke for 6 years whats one more be side the wife is up and walking getting her a new shove.

Oops, you better watch what you say. The Mrs. get wind of it, you'll be eating, beans,rice,ramen, and tuna all winter long with a Nice slice of fried Spam for Christmas! ;) :lol: :lol: PLUS, she might pretend to have another injury and you'll be doing all the cookin' AND laundry!!! :lol: :lol:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

irrationalsolutions

Postby irrationalsolutions » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:17 pm

i think i have it. my clone of the featherfire is done, i hope. the last of the jbweld is drying now.
“Do or do not... there is NO try.” Yoda

Luke "Whats in (out) there?" Yoda "Only what you take with you."

Luke "I can’t believe it." Yoda "That is why you Fail.”

hoz

Postby hoz » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:32 pm

irrationalsolutions wrote:i think i have it. my clone of the featherfire is done, i hope. the last of the jbweld is drying now.

Pics???

zelph

Postby zelph » Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:58 pm

irrationalsolutions wrote:i think i have it. my clone of the featherfire is done, i hope. the last of the jbweld is drying now.

I'll wait for a day or two after you post yours and then I'll post mine. As we know!!!! it's all about DIY doing it yourself.

The video that oops posted showed the stove being lit with a bic type lighter. In cool weather thats not going to happen. The instructions say dip a twig into the fuel and then light the twig and then put the lighted twig down into the hole to get close to the fuel. The stove in the video must have been warm from a previous burn. It bloomed too fast. There is alot of metal to heat up befor the fuel begins to boil off.

Sorry it's taking so long to finish the testing. I'm swamped with irons in the fires :mrgreen:
"Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained" stove store = http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

irrationalsolutions

Postby irrationalsolutions » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:39 pm

sorry i dont have any pics yet but i'm waiting on the jbweld to dry. there are a lot of things that i would/will do differently on the next one but this one should work fine, i hope. the body is a condenced milk can with a ...lost drink can for the lid. dont ask me about the drink i thought it was nasty but i found it at the dollar tree and it was the right size. i used a 12oz drink can to hold the fuel and alum. posts to hold the band in place. the band is med. tooling alum. i didnt put legs on it but if needed i have and idea and i am going to use a hardwarecloth pot stand.

i do have some new ideas but i wanted to get one working first so i could see it in action for myself. hold on i think it is hard enough for a pic.

“Do or do not... there is NO try.” Yoda

Luke "Whats in (out) there?" Yoda "Only what you take with you."

Luke "I can’t believe it." Yoda "That is why you Fail.”

hoz

Postby hoz » Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:57 am

irrationalsolutions wrote:

That looks GOOD!

zelph

Postby zelph » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:18 am

Oh Yes!!!! looking good, looking good. Keep us informed
"Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained" stove store = http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

GAGA

Postby GAGA » Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:19 pm

yep is looking like a mini satellite that is ready to be launched :D
you can pay for school,but you can never buy class!

Return to “Stove Testing and Reviews”