Flame profiler

Give results of stoves tested. At least three test burns made in succession using 1/2 ounce of denatured alcohol and 2 cups of water. Give any and all additional conditions that exist during testing.

Stoves bought retail and Do-It-Yourself stoves. Everyone is welcome to post their results and post comments.
zelph

Re: Flame profiler

Postby zelph » Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:50 am

I know the profiler is real stovie nerd stuff but I am unable to help myself, I expect a visit from men in white coats soon. :DB: :DB: :DB:

Yep, they have your number(s)

I've been dreaming about an infra red laser heat sensing gun mounted above a steel plate to profile a flame. It has an infra red camera attachment for still shots and a video for night time viewing. :ugeek:

Nice job on the mechanical apparatus to maneuver the probe. Your nerdy activity goes in many directions. ;)

Whoa!!!! you'll be going after the spring trout soon no doubt :D Make sure you use trekking poles, heal quickly, eat more fish, take fish oil supplements :o

We want more nerd stuff!!!!
"Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained" stove store = http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

sudden

Postby sudden » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:27 am

You do realize that you have just invented the multi-doneness-multiple steak-cooker don't you?

Place three steaks on the profiler. Program the computer to move the plate over your heat source as needed. Steaks done to perfection and all ready to serve at the same time :)
"People are not persuaded by what we say, but rather by what they understand."

Tony

Postby Tony » Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:45 pm

zelph wrote:I've been dreaming about an infra red laser heat sensing gun mounted above a steel plate to profile a flame. It has an infra red camera attachment for still shots and a video for night time viewing. :ugeek:

!!!!

I have thought about doing the same but decide to try the profiler instead.

Whoa!!!! you'll be going after the spring trout soon no doubt

This photo of my mate Dave was taken by me last weekend by me, and yes that is snow, we caught 6 small trout.

We want more nerd stuff

I will see what I can do :DB: :DP: :DB: just don't make the call yet :DP: :DB: :DP: .

Tony

zelph

Postby zelph » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:49 pm

Swartkrans wrote:Hi,
I have been planning this flame profiler for a few years now and I have been collecting bits and pieces since, I started to build the profiler about a 18 months ago but due to distractions the development stalled several times, the profiler project is still in its early days and as I am learning from it, I still have some development and improvements to do.My fascination with bushwalking stoves has driven me to what is possibly a first for a hobby stovie, I have made myself a stove flame profiler which can do 1D and 2 D profiles of a backpacking stove flame.

Hang in there, you'll get it made someday. You have a clever way of describing your project. ;)
"Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained" stove store = http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Return to “Stove Testing and Reviews”