White Box Stove

Give results of stoves tested. At least three test burns made in succession using 1/2 ounce of denatured alcohol and 2 cups of water. Give any and all additional conditions that exist during testing.

Stoves bought retail and Do-It-Yourself stoves. Everyone is welcome to post their results and post comments.
oops56

Re: White Box Stove

Post by oops56 » Thu May 01, 2008 6:27 pm

I showed this once the white box does have a yellow flame that is all.I say no more
Man play with fire man get burnt

oops56

Post by oops56 » Thu May 01, 2008 7:32 pm

The holes on the new one are a little higher also i still don't know my right from me left hand :lol: :lol: The kettle has some ridges on the bottom my not sit flat that's cause the yellow flame

zelph

Post by zelph » Thu May 01, 2008 10:07 pm

Thanks for your input oops. Certainly looks on the yellow side to me. Do you have any insulation inside the one you made?

The second video shows the stove on the left burning clean, which stove is it, the white box or yours?

I drew a blank on finding another gallon of denatured alcohol. Again tomorrow.
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Skidsteer

Post by Skidsteer » Thu May 01, 2008 10:20 pm

FWIW mine throws flames as blue as the Carribean.
Skids

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Albert Einstein, (attributed)

oops56

Post by oops56 » Thu May 01, 2008 10:35 pm

zelph wrote:Thanks for your input oops. Certainly looks on the yellow side to me. Do you have any insulation inside the one you made?

The second video shows the stove on the left burning clean, which stove is it, the white box or yours?

I drew a blank on finding another gallon of denatured alcohol. Again tomorrow.
They both white box i just put a wick on one

Skidsteer

Post by Skidsteer » Thu May 01, 2008 10:41 pm

Skidsteer wrote:FWIW mine throws flames as blue as the Carribean.

ImageImageImageImage
Skids

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Albert Einstein, (attributed)

DarenN

Post by DarenN » Thu May 01, 2008 10:55 pm

Oops, Skids, Zelph!
please report the jet size on your WBS's?
Skids, why do you suppose yours burns clean while the others show signs of burning way too lean?
"I'd rather be happy than right." Slartibartfast

oops56

Post by oops56 » Thu May 01, 2008 11:12 pm

DarenN wrote:Oops, Skids, Zelph!
Skids, why do you suppose yours burns clean while the others show signs of burning way too lean?
Both are the same size holes 3/4 from top 3/64 hole =.046 but one is 1/16 taller

billinmt

Post by billinmt » Thu May 01, 2008 11:16 pm

Don't know what is wrong with the fuel used by you guys with yellow flames. What brand are you using. Must be something impure with it. Even different brands of denatured alcohol fuel will make a difference in additives and flame color.

After watching Oops video it shows yellow flames coming out the top of each stove before the burners even kick in. Good clean denatured burns clear blue from the start. That would indicate that the fuel is the problem. With good clean denatured you should be able to pour it anywhere and it will burn clear blue. I guess Skids wins the clean fuel award today.

FYI: all White Box Stoves are jetted with a size #56 Wire drill bit.

Bill in MT

oops56

Post by oops56 » Thu May 01, 2008 11:32 pm

billinmt wrote:
Don't know what is wrong with the fuel used by you guys with yellow flames. What brand are you using. Must be something impure with it. Even different brands of denatured alcohol fuel will make a difference in additives and flame color.

After watching Oops video it shows yellow flames coming out the top of each stove before the burners even kick in. Good clean denatured burns clear blue from the start. That would indicate that the fuel is the problem. With good clean denatured you should be able to pour it anywhere and it will burn clear blue. I guess Skids wins the clean fuel award today.

FYI: all White Box Stoves are jetted with a size #56 Wire drill bit.

Bill in MT
both stoves are not the same one is higher then the other the alcohol came out of the same can
I think the south side stove is hotter then the north side stove next time i setting them east and west :lol: :lol: weat :lol: :lol: :lol: Also one stove was left in shop the other came from the house so the shop one my have a little moister in it