Vargo Triad Titanium

Give results of stoves tested. At least three test burns made in succession using 1/2 ounce of denatured alcohol and 2 cups of water. Give any and all additional conditions that exist during testing.

Stoves bought retail and Do-It-Yourself stoves. Everyone is welcome to post their results and post comments.
oops56

Re: Vargo Triad Titanium

Postby oops56 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:31 pm

zelph wrote:Oops56 said it's the worse stove he ever had. Even worse than the penny stove. :o Now that's got to be really bad :mrgreen:

I think titanium is a bad word :o :lol:

yes it was so bad i took all the legs off :lol: :lol:
Man play with fire man get burnt

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:50 pm

So Oops..when do we get to see a new Avatar of "Amputated Vargo Meets Sledgehammer"?

:lol:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Postby zelph » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:51 pm

oops56 wrote:
zelph wrote:Oops56 said it's the worse stove he ever had. Even worse than the penny stove. :o Now that's got to be really bad :mrgreen:

I think titanium is a bad word :o :lol:

yes it was so bad i took all the legs off :lol: :lol:

Now that's being resourceful :D

Soon we'll see a new design with salvaged legs :mrgreen:

Give the body of the stove to some kids down the road to use as a hockey puck 8-)
"Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained" stove store = http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:42 pm

Those sure were some expemsive legs oops :lol:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

oops56

Postby oops56 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:22 pm

Ridgerunner wrote:Those sure were some expemsive legs oops :lol:

not realy i did a trade for it gave some deet for it

zelph

Postby zelph » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:06 pm

oops56 wrote:
Ridgerunner wrote:Those sure were some expemsive legs oops :lol:

not realy i did a trade for it gave some deet for it

Do you buy deet by the gallon? :D
"Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained" stove store = http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

DarenN

Postby DarenN » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:07 pm

Ridgerunner wrote:Daren, I got out my triad stove tonight and did a few test burns and got the same results as you in boil times. An eye dropper or flip top fuel dispenser is what is needed to keep from losing fuel during filling. The legs are sweet. I would love to find a supplier for the legs. I think mine will have to go in the stove curio cabinet. :lol:

mine has a spot on a window ledge. it looks nice but is a POS!!

actually, it's not the stove that disapointed me the most. that dubious honor goes to a brand new Svea 123R that doesn't work for shit. it wasn't worth the cost of shipping to return it to campmor. looks nice though. ;)
"I'd rather be happy than right." Slartibartfast

oops56

Postby oops56 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:08 pm

DarenN wrote:
Ridgerunner wrote:Daren, I got out my triad stove tonight and did a few test burns and got the same results as you in boil times. An eye dropper or flip top fuel dispenser is what is needed to keep from losing fuel during filling. The legs are sweet. I would love to find a supplier for the legs. I think mine will have to go in the stove curio cabinet. :lol:

mine has a spot on a window ledge. it looks nice but is a POS!!

actually, it's not the stove that disapointed me the most. that dubious honor goes to a brand new Svea 123R that doesn't work for shit. it wasn't worth the cost of shipping to return it to campmor. looks nice though. ;)

dam daren if you live closer i can fix that i23r svea it sounds like the cleaning neddle is sat wrong hard to say here but i can try later or mak a video show how p. s. if you know how take out the neddle no need it now days all fuel is clean that was when they used lead gasoline

oops56

svea video

Postby oops56 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:23 pm

DarenN

Postby DarenN » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:58 pm

thanks Oops! i wondered if the cleaning needle was needed anymore. i tried the 123R with the needle removed and it still didn't work right.

i'll try and explain what the stove is doing. at the end of the pre-heat i open the main valve and the burner lights up, but it pulses; flares up and dies down on about a one second interval. i have both an 8R and a very nice '99', that both work perfectly. it's very annoying that the 123R doesn't work right.
"I'd rather be happy than right." Slartibartfast

Return to “Stove Testing and Reviews”