what the......?

Odds and Ends Of Life, Keep It Clean
DarenN

what the......?

Post by DarenN » Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:36 pm

just a few days ago i was telling someone how it hardly ever snows in south-western B.C. Canada. and when it does it doesn't stick. it took me three hours to clear the driveway!! :evil:

my back yard:

the workshop:

about half done:

i need a nap! :lol:

Daren.....
"I'd rather be happy than right." Slartibartfast

Ridgerunner

Re: what the......?

Post by Ridgerunner » Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:55 pm

Daren, you might want to get a hold of oops and borrow his boots with the ice cleats so you can shovel YOUR roof as it looks pretty thick up there. :lol: :lol: :lol: How is your back feeling about now? Another snow storm like that will have you looking for a snowblower! ;)
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

oops56

Post by oops56 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:46 pm

Well i did the drive way could not find the car that took me 4 hr to shovel. went in town got groceries spit wood full up wood rack one pile on floor. A full days work since i retired oops shovel for the oil man 20in. of snow there.Now got to cook supper nope sandwich
Man play with fire man get burnt

zelph

Post by zelph » Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:34 pm

See, You spoke too soon. Nice to see you got some to stick :lol: :lol: Makes for a nice White Christmas. Hope it lasts till after Christmas ;)
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:48 pm

No white Christmas in SW Ohio. We were down below 0 degrees last night, with just a light dusting of snow but it is supposed to get up to almost 60 tomorrow with lots of rain. Crazy weather ! :roll:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

DarenN

Post by DarenN » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:50 pm

i find it funny but just about everyone that lives here complains about all the rain we get in the winter. they all get the blues and whine about how gloomy it is. yeah, ok, :P . "you don't have to shovel rain, snivlers!", says I. i've got gore-tex hat, jacket, pants, shoes, even socks :o , and my windshield wipers work some of the time. ;) sil-nylon for a shelter, alcohol stoves, and i can make fire by rubbing two cliches together. let it rain!! just like Woodstock (only different) "NO SNOW! NO SNOW! NO SNOW!" :mrgreen:

about ten years ago i hiked in the pouring rain starting at 2500feet up a logging road till i topped out above the clouds where it was dry and the sun was shining. i set up camp and then just sat and watched the top of the clouds as they dumped in the valley. complete with a light show. beautiful!

Daren........
ps: i hate snow!

beemerphill

Post by beemerphill » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:09 am

Daren,
I agree 110% with you! I was born and raised in Wisconsin, and everyone assumes that you actually LIKE that filthy white
s__t. No way! It can be 30 below, or it can rain for 40 days, or it can be 110 in the shade, just don't snow on me. I finally escaped to Oklahoma, where we get about a week total of snow per year. There is no snowblower in my garage because I don't need one. Our snow is removed by the solar method. And that's just fine with this fellow!!
:D :D :D :D :D

zelph

Post by zelph » Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:05 pm

beemerphill wrote:Daren,
I agree 110% with you! I was born and raised in Wisconsin, and everyone assumes that you actually LIKE that filthy white
s__t. No way! It can be 30 below, or it can rain for 40 days, or it can be 110 in the shade, just don't snow on me. I finally escaped to Oklahoma, where we get about a week total of snow per year. There is no snowblower in my garage because I don't need one. Our snow is removed by the solar method. And that's just fine with this fellow!!
:D :D :D :D :D
Wisconsin thrives on snow, hunt and fish. Oops almost forgot, ATV's

DarenN

Post by DarenN » Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:17 pm

now it's personal!! :evil: it started snowing again last night. hard. i'm gonna have to shovel the driveway again! :cry:

zelph

Post by zelph » Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:22 pm

DarenN wrote:now it's personal!! :evil: it started snowing again last night. hard. i'm gonna have to shovel the driveway again! :cry:

:D :D It's snowing here right now also!!!!! 2 - 4 more inches for today. I'ts moist snow and sticking to branches really photogenically. Got to get out and get some photos taken. :D

I used the snowblower twice yesterday and found another spiked cast iron piece buried in the snow at the foot of the driveway. :twisted: