Operation Green Wool

Odds and Ends Of Life, Keep It Clean
Ridgerunner

Re: Operation Green Wool

Post by Ridgerunner » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:17 pm

Don't listen to those guys up there, they've been "caught" many times at their follies
Your kind of right AND wrong on that one,brother Zelph. The only times I've been caught, I knew I would be as I used my credit card on paypal. She takes care of the bills so I figured I better let her know about a few transactions just to keep it on the up and up :lol: 98% of them were snuck in the back door ;) Good thing she doesn't read this boring blog :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

zelph

Post by zelph » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:12 am

Nothing works for me, she always finds out anyway. I ordered some small fitting and they came in a bubble wrap evelope. I cut the top of the envelpe off(1/4") and hid the envelope out in the garage with stove related contents. 1 hour later my wife comes home, picks up the mail off the kitchen table, walks into the living room with the 1/4" piece from the bubble envelope and asks "What did you get in the mail?" :lol:
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

DarenN

Post by DarenN » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:52 am

zelph wrote:Nothing works for me, she always finds out anyway. I ordered some small fitting and they came in a bubble wrap evelope. I cut the top of the envelpe off(1/4") and hid the envelope out in the garage with stove related contents. 1 hour later my wife comes home, picks up the mail off the kitchen table, walks into the living room with the 1/4" piece from the bubble envelope and asks "What did you get in the mail?" :lol:
welllllllll;
if you had of done a better job of policing up your A/O she never would have busted you. ;) :lol:

"I'd rather be happy than right." Slartibartfast

irrationalsolutions

Post by irrationalsolutions » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:26 pm

thats right! the only way you get caught is if you want to or if you get sloppy.
“Do or do not... there is NO try.” Yoda

Luke "Whats in (out) there?" Yoda "Only what you take with you."

Luke "I can’t believe it." Yoda "That is why you Fail.”

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:33 pm

irrationalsolutions wrote:thats right! the only way you get caught is if you want to or if you get sloppy.
..And when was the last time YOU got caught?? :lol: :lol: :lol:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

irrationalsolutions

Post by irrationalsolutions » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:52 pm

i dont want to get caught and i'm not sloppy.

i did get caught with one thing and that was something i was already cleared for i just didnt want to bring it up again.

zelph

Post by zelph » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:34 am

Even if we get caught, no biggie!!!! Goes in one ear out the other :mrgreen:
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

irrationalsolutions

Post by irrationalsolutions » Sat May 02, 2009 2:24 am

ok i did another pick up today and i have a problem. i ran out of room to put stuff!!! :o

ok the wife knows about some of the stuff but the rest she doesnt. my aunt was glad to get the stuff out of her house. here is a list of the goodies for the day.

2 down sleeping bags.
1 coleman 2 burner propane stove
1 cc observer radio
12 small alum figure 9's
2 packs of "oder free" food bags 2 different sizes
1 old coleman liquid fuel lantern
1 ul kettle
2 walmart ccf pads

ok the 2 down bags. one is a new one that i bought for me. its really lite weigh and has a 45F rating. i sleep warn and was thinking about getting a bag liner for colder weather. the second is a used one that is heavier. it looks to be in really good shape! i was thinking about cutting it up and making a under quilt but its in better shape than i thought. i still think i may do it but not the way i was thinking. what i wanted to do was cut it and over stuff it, save the zipper and the rest of the down and trash the rest. like i said the bag is better than i though so i think i may cut it and over stuff it a little to make the uq. then save teh zipper and turn the rest into a top quilt. thats what im thinking right now.

the coleman stove is a coleman stove you all know about them.

the radio is to replace a different one that died. im still playing around with it so i done really have that much of an opinion on it yet. i went with a different one than i had before. the housing is plastic and is coated in a green rubber. i still havent been able to get it to charge my phone but it does hook up to it. i havent tried the ipod yet but it has that hook up also. the crank works well. i havent looked to see if it will hook up to the gps or two way radios yet either. the only thing i really dont like about it so far is it didnt come with a wall plug. it has a port for one but didnt come with it. it also runs on 3 AAA batteries that i had to put in myself, they didnt come with it either. and there is a rechargable battery that did come with it.

the figure 9's are what they are. i am going to try them on my tarp. they are small and lite weight.

the "oder free" food bags are for the pct method bear bag im making. i know they most likely wont work but its something to try out. ill be the lab mouse on this one. i did get two packs one in each size. i think they were 3 packs. i havent really looked at them yet.

the lantern is something else that you all know. i wanted an old one and couldnt find one in good shape. the old ones are heavier but are made better and last longer. this one is in great shape and will be for car camping.

the kettle was covered in another thread. the wife wanted one so i took and ordered one for backpacking. i slipped one in on that one. she saw it and had a few words to say but understood my point. she wont use it much and this one is lite weight and we can take it hiking and camping. after a little back and forth she accepted it and i was releaved.

the 2 ccf pads i picked up and walmart today on the way home. i had to stop and pick up fuel and mantels for the other stuff and picked them up too. i have some but cant find them. if i find the other ones ill have extra now. they are cheap and work well for what they are.

that should cover it.

oh and i would like to think RG for the help with a couple of the items. he helped me with finding two of the things.

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner » Sat May 02, 2009 6:30 am

my aunt was glad to get the stuff out of her house. here is a list of the goodies for the day.

Sounds like you just tell the wife the gear all belongs to your Aunt and she is giving it to you free-----no problem or is it gear that your had stored at your aunts and the wife knew about it oR was it purchases you had shipped to your aunts :o . Sounds like the spare room becomes the camping storage room since there are no little ones yet :lol: AND if it's close for viewing, you might be less likely to aquire things you really don't need avoiding roms that look like mine and Oops' :oops: :lol: :lol:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

irrationalsolutions

Post by irrationalsolutions » Sat May 02, 2009 11:58 am

well in the spirit of operation green wool it was stuff i bought and had sent to my aunts house. like i said the wife knows about some of it but not all of it. i had fluffed me gear up a little to make it look bigger and more than what there was. not i have everything packed as well as it can be and i have no more room. i even have stuff hidden. the problem i have is that the wife will know about anything else because it will take up more room than it already does.

we are talking about moving in a few months so i could always fluff the stuff back up when we move so it looks bigger again. its really space that i am having the issue with. she really has no idea what i have but she knows how it all looks when packed up together and how much room it takes up.