what happened to the twinkies?

Odds and Ends Of Life, Keep It Clean
realityguy

Re: what happened to the twinkies?

Post by realityguy » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:29 pm

Idaho spud..was a chocolate covered chocolate flavored marshmellow about 3-1/2" long by 1-1/2" across...made in the shape of a potato..with nut crunchies on top to look like potato eyes...
U no..You've never eaten a U-NO bar????!! :o ..Great frozen..chocolate covered bar something like a three muskateers inside but finer grain,melts in your mouth..guess you'll have to run out and get one.. :mrgreen:
Red vines..red licorice..everybody's had that..I didn't really care for the black stuff..
I was trying to think of the other chewy nougat bar that was like a look but came in a black wrapper rather than red(????)..I know there's a lot more..I can think of a few more I forgot while writing this.
Payday used to be the best bargain..a whole 4oz of nougat,nuts,salt,and goo.. packed with sugar..for a nickel!
Hmm..I wonder if oops is making a shopping list.. :lol:

For RR:The mountain bars had a coconut and chocolate mix over a white cream center.The cherry ones had a cherry flavored pink center..krakel with rice crispies,mr goodbar with peanuts...caravelle..Dang!How could I forget Reece's peanut butter cups!!!!??? :o
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:41 pm

The Cadbury family were Quackers...
I wondered about that line...Did you mean Quakers?..or they had tailfeathers? :o I don't know..in the UK it could be something else also...

Back to chocolate...Now that we are older everything seems to be Cadbury or Dove related....or leftover small bars from halloween because no kids showed up this year and 25 last year... :evil: ..or leftover hersheys kisses in green and red because they were 75% off after christmas..or other leftover holiday decorated wrappered candy..

I always wanted to melt them down and make some trail-related chocolates with granola,dried fruit,and nuts in one of those silicone pans for tiny muffins or something... :mrgreen:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Post by zelph » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:00 pm

Payday used to be the best bargain..a whole 4oz of nougat,nuts,salt,and goo.. packed with sugar..for a nickel!
Oh yes!!!! that was one of my favorite. OHenry was on the top of the list. I liked the salted peanuts on the paydays

When I was a little lad :D my uncle cut up a Ohenry bar and put the pieces in a glass jar. It was a test to see if little maggots would come out of the pieces. Days passed and sure enough, tiny maggot looking creatures were starting to come out. I'll have to google that and see if it's on the net.
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

irrationalsolutions

Post by irrationalsolutions » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:41 pm

see this is what happened to the twinkie. this thread is on page two and we have already lost the twinkie agian. :lol:

sorry i couldnt resist this one. :DB: :DP: :DB: :DP: :DB: :DP:
“Do or do not... there is NO try.” Yoda

Luke "Whats in (out) there?" Yoda "Only what you take with you."

Luke "I can’t believe it." Yoda "That is why you Fail.”

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:50 pm

No..the twinkie is still here..he started the thread and then posted right above me. :o :lol:

Just kidding.....

irrationalsolutions

Post by irrationalsolutions » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:35 pm

i about chocked on my twinkie reading that.

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:43 pm

:lol: ..Just kidding... :mrgreen: I used to like the zingers..like a twinkie but with frosting on top..

zelph

Post by zelph » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:18 pm

They are all related to the Twinkie. Inseparable, they were meant to be together, one sweetie attracts the other sweeties. :D

In the movie "Die Hard" the cop survived because of his supply of Twinkies :lol: Remember that????
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:40 pm

In the movie "Die Hard" the cop survived because of his supply of Twinkies :lol: Remember that????
Probably because of all the preservatives.. :lol: ..Wasn't there something in the news about a 50 year-old twinkie or something that hadn't decomposed? :o

irrationalsolutions

Post by irrationalsolutions » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:55 pm

thats what the wife says, if she eats enough junk food with all the perservitives she will stay young forever. and she doesnt gain a pound doing it. i dont understand that. :?