Here's a cozy 1-2 man tent!

Odds and Ends Of Life, Keep It Clean
realityguy

Here's a cozy 1-2 man tent!

Post by realityguy » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:42 pm

Looking on ebay at their "1-2man tent" catagory ..came across this cozy one: :o
http://cgi.ebay.com/Ultimate-Tent_W0QQi ... 2a0268373d
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

gregb

Re: Here's a cozy 1-2 man tent!

Post by gregb » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:24 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:33 pm

Occasionally I scan that catagory for tent ideas and designs..but I'd need a welder for that one! :lol:

This is a new interesting concept on the commercial market,same catagory:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rock-Hopper-Ultra-L ... 3ca6d713c0

Keep in mind that their idea of "ultralite" is somewhere around 4lbs! :lol:

I see Hennessy is listing a lot on ebay as low as $109BIN(buy-it-now)for a full setup...
Seedhouse new tents starting at $129...
Golite listing a lot...
It always irks me when people listing their "Lightest tents available!"..when they don't include a floor,poles,ropes,or stakes.That's BS! :evil:

I see the UK is fighting in "Bivy,Poncho,UK Military!"..which translates over here to an emergency $2 poncho pack without the nonsense advertising!I like the way they show the "Bivy" setup ..as a LEAN-TO.. against a WALL!.. :lol: Where the hell do you find a wall in the forest?... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tis the season for super deals(and advertising for idiots) on tents at ebay!DEEP reading some of the ads just cracks me up! :lol:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Post by zelph » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:58 pm

No sales yet, I'll watch it in my ebay account and see if he sells any at auction.
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:42 am

No sales yet, I'll watch it in my ebay account and see if he sells any at auction.
Are you talking about the hennessies,the tent/hammock,or the container "tent"?

I don't know if local building departments have jurisdiction on those containers or not with the wiring,plumbing,and other factors if they are "contained in a portable unit".There may be a problem if they don't contain their own "holding tank" for the septic system.My 'storage shed' is somewhat the same way,except I don't have a bathroom in there because of the codes involved.Now if I could keep it on wheels as the trailer is,it might be a different matter.they have no jurisdiction on travel trailers but might have if they are connected to septic systems on a permanent basis.
The electrical system..if it has a standard plug on the end and can be plugged into an approved outdoor service for a travel trailer..it may pass also.If it is wired direct,it may not and require electrical inspections before the interior wall coverings go on.
Buying that and sticking it on your property may open a whole can of worms with your local department as far as permits/inspections are involved...depending on how much the BD wants to push it!