Rubber band power

Odds and Ends Of Life, Keep It Clean
zelph

Rubber band power

Post by zelph » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:52 pm

I found this interesting because I flew balsm wood planes when I was a little bit younger.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BxaHhLZ ... EJ_9daNLjP

http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

sudden

Re: Rubber band power

Post by sudden » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:54 pm

Can't tell if that is in slow motion. Seems slow for a rubber band wind up plane
"People are not persuaded by what we say, but rather by what they understand."

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:31 am

Because of the extreme pitch of the prop,lightness of the plane, and getting the most out of a wound rubber band..it's probably shot in full speed for the flight.The props turn that slow,I believe.
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Post by zelph » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:13 pm

I'm pretty sure that's how slow the plane flies. Watch these:

cadyak

Post by cadyak » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:29 pm

have you guys seen these kites before?

ConnieD

Post by ConnieD » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:35 pm

cadyak,

If you look closely, at :23 seconds, you can see the RC helicopter blades turning near the front.

MrClean

Post by MrClean » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:52 pm

That's not even a slo EzB. The real fancy ones have rolled 1/65 inch balsa tubing fuses with microfilm covered built up wings and props with a constant speed prop hub that varies the pitch while in flight so you don't have a big burst of speed that sticks you into the ceiling when you let go at first but will let the pitch of the prop flatten out when the rubber has less winds. Usually in the 1/64th if not smaller thickness of rubber too. The world of indoor Free Flight is pretty amazing stuff. Peanut size scale planes with wingspans less then 9 inches. Lotta fun.

I posted this elsewhere but its the new hotness in remote controlled flying things. They couldn't do this 5 years ago.

And a little construction

From somewhere near Parkville, Mo.
William Crane
aka MrClean

You live. You learn.
Well anyways, you live.

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:24 pm

that is pretty incredible!..the formation flying..is that off one control unit and 20 receivers?
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

MrClean

Post by MrClean » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:01 pm

Basically you're talking about difference engines and video games. think how remeadial the video game must be to only move 16 points around a 3 dimensional space. Video games do millions of calculations each second just to give you a fantastic, lifelike picture. This video game is only moving 16 pieces around in a pre-planned motion. If you look at the mini's they all have 2 inch longish pieces of wire sticking up. Those are the antennaes for a 2.4 ghz reciever. The computer identifies each unit and sends the controls out to each to move it around. With 2.4 ghz systems they swap channels over the spectrum constantly so you can basically have an unlimited number of receivers out there instead of the old limitations. Instead of having 1 transmitter per unit it would be easy enough to have a microprocessor shifting all the frequencies on a computer controlled unit so that one transmitter can control all of the units. Again, we're talking ghz receivers and millions of bits processing video games doing basic, boring tasks.

So it looks really cool and has endless possibilities.
From somewhere near Parkville, Mo.
William Crane
aka MrClean

You live. You learn.
Well anyways, you live.

zelph

Post by zelph » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:17 pm

All I can do is sit back in amazment with jaw hanging down and watch the blocks get stacked. My thoughts wandered and saw quadro props transfer semi trailers onto huge ships waiting to depart off to no mans land. No more cranes :o

I remember video games named "PACMAN"