zelph

Flying in formation tiny Rotors Of the future

Post by zelph » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:10 pm

Computers are awesome.

http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

sudden

Re: Flying in formation tiny Rotors Of the future

Post by sudden » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:21 pm

I watched several of the videos on their channel. The one where they fly through a window is amazing. Doesn't seem like we will be seeing them outside the lab for a while. They need to be inside that camera cage to work.
"People are not persuaded by what we say, but rather by what they understand."

MrClean

Post by MrClean » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:54 pm

There are other videos of the larger size units out there. They fly outdoors using GPS's. The computer only need model the outdoor environment and run by GPS. Fairly accurate for fine altitude control sonic receptors can be used. Just listen to the props coming off a boom and point a mic down listening for the reverb. Difference in time between the two gives you altitude. I bought a similar device to measure rooms with just last year so that technology is readily available. All the GPS has to do is get it close, you can have landing pads with alignment grids for the computer to guide it down to for fine alignements.

Easy Peasy. Just give me the Government grant and I can buy most the parts off the shelf.
From somewhere near Parkville, Mo.
William Crane
aka MrClean

You live. You learn.
Well anyways, you live.

zelph

Post by zelph » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:03 pm

Easy Peasy. Just give me the Government grant and I can buy most the parts off the shelf.
With my eyes closed and one arm behind my back....................................that's how I sleep in a hammock :lol:

I saw your post at HF and found it so interesting I had to share it here. thanks for posting it over there. I'll share the slow motion videos over at HF. Shows what happens when you get older ahem!! when I get older. ;)
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/