I bought a camper (kinda)

Odds and Ends Of Life, Keep It Clean
zelph

Re: I bought a camper (kinda)

Post by zelph » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:40 pm

If it's cheap enough I'd buy it and and do some modifying :D I just saw a high-top in a small used car dealership today. It was off in a corner and looked like a possible cheap fixerupper.
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

steamjam

Post by steamjam » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:41 pm

Yesterday...

zelph

Post by zelph » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:56 pm

steamjam wrote:Yesterday...
I'd stay out there for a week or 2 and do more photos :D Very very nice....thanks for the eye candy :D

sudden

Post by sudden » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:47 pm

steamjam wrote:Yesterday...
In my next life I am going to live closer to the mountains. Nice location and photo.
"People are not persuaded by what we say, but rather by what they understand."

sudden

Post by sudden » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:51 pm

zelph wrote:That's quite an interesting modification you got going there on the Venom Super Stove :mrgreen:
I wanted to bring the flame pattern in closer for small containers. It does what I need and I was lucky bending it (it's even and the pot sits level). I should call it the VenomX stove ;)
"People are not persuaded by what we say, but rather by what they understand."

steamjam

Post by steamjam » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:20 pm

Update:
I found an old Santana "Turtle Top" camper van for sale for cheap. Looks just like this one:

Yes, Its Uncle Rico's van from Napoleon Dynamite. I cant resist... I'm thinking about taking the axles and T case out of my 4x4 and making the turtle top a 4x4. Heck its even got a 2 burner stove, a sink, a fridge and a small sh*tter....

I'll look stupid as hell tooling around in a van like that.... But I can't resist it!!!

zelph

Post by zelph » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:15 pm

Looks cool, first time I've seen one with so much overhang. Kinda turtleish :mrgreen:

It's got all the amenities, go for it and get a photo up so we can see it in the "before" state. ;) After you put the 4x4 in, put a winch on it to make it look
"tactical" and trail worthy 8-)

steamjam

Post by steamjam » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:18 pm

WELL... Its been eventful. I wanted a LWB camper van to convert to 4wd, or "camper-ize" my 4x4 van using the parts from the camper van.

I got side tracked.... :D

I bought this 1989 B150 Shorty instead for real cheap. It's got 91K on the clock and it runs/drive great. I still want to buy a camper van.. Looks like I'll have three vans soon. ... :roll:

zelph

Post by zelph » Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:06 pm

soon you'll have one for every day of the week :mrgreen: Keep looking, if they are cheap, grab em.

couple weeks ago I bought another alcohol stove off ebay for 5.00 A double burner, unpressurized, combo electric/alcohol. The day I got it in the mail I cannibalized it into alcohol only. photos will come when I get settled from this weeks Halloween camp-out.

steamjam

Post by steamjam » Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:22 pm

zelph wrote:soon you'll have one for every day of the week :mrgreen: Keep looking, if they are cheap, grab em.

couple weeks ago I bought another alcohol stove off ebay for 5.00 A double burner, unpressurized, combo electric/alcohol. The day I got it in the mail I cannibalized it into alcohol only. photos will come when I get settled from this weeks Halloween camp-out.
I've been thinking about trying out one of these Origo stoves you love so much...