I bought a camper (kinda)

Odds and Ends Of Life, Keep It Clean
zelph

Re: I bought a camper (kinda)

Post by zelph » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:51 pm

I think I made out pretty good with my $1200 part time 4wd 360ci (read: 12-14mpg) dodge.... :-D
Boy, for sure that was a good deal. You can celebrate for a few days on that find. :mrgreen:

A friend of mine brought over his 38 foot 5th wheel RV toy carrier and put in my front yard for me to try and sell it for him. I live along a 4 lane state highway with lots of traffic. Good visability to traffic. He wants 32,500 for it. The unit is actually 45 feet long but on paper it's known as 38' :?
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

steamjam

Post by steamjam » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:15 pm

Carter Thermoquad rebuild fail yesterday when I forgot to install the well seals.. :( Made a huge mess.. :(

zelph

Post by zelph » Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:42 pm

Something so small and such a big hassle to undo the assembly and then reassemble :(

I recently had to disassemble the seat and gas tank on my riding mower to reinstall a drive belt that slipped off. I dissembled it 3 times to get the project done. The last time I had left the dead man switch wires laying under the seat assembly. :roll:

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner » Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:08 pm

zelph wrote:Something so small and such a big hassle to undo the assembly and then reassemble :(

I recently had to disassemble the seat and gas tank on my riding mower to reinstall a drive belt that slipped off. I dissembled it 3 times to get the project done. The last time I had left the dead man switch wires laying under the seat assembly. :roll:
I have had several riding mowers that developed belt issues and I can tell you that some of those belts can be a real pain in the Arse to replace. :evil:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

zelph

Post by zelph » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:04 pm

Just checking in to see if steamjam has fixed the leak and is ready to go RV'ing :D

steamjam

Post by steamjam » Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:50 pm

zelph wrote:Just checking in to see if steamjam has fixed the leak and is ready to go RV'ing :D
Not only have I fixed the leak, but Ive been RV-in for the past few weeks.. Albeit rather minimalistic and cheap. Lesson 1 I learnt: Don't cook in it. The fumes in such a small space? PHEW you'll be higher then a hippie during an open air festival...

zelph

Post by zelph » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:48 pm

Time to instal a range hood for exhausting :)

Use Everclear in medicinal amounts. ;)

Glad to hear you're RV'in in it whooo! put it to good use more often. ;)

sudden

Post by sudden » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:35 am

steamjam wrote:
zelph wrote:Just checking in to see if steamjam has fixed the leak and is ready to go RV'ing :D
Not only have I fixed the leak, but Ive been RV-in for the past few weeks.. Albeit rather minimalistic and cheap. Lesson 1 I learnt: Don't cook in it. The fumes in such a small space? PHEW you'll be higher then a hippie during an open air festival...
I have a small van camper and the only cooking I do inside is coffee.

This is from last years hunting trip. It was an all zelph stove effort. :DP:
(except for that first cup of coffee to get me started)

"People are not persuaded by what we say, but rather by what they understand."

zelph

Post by zelph » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:13 pm

That's quite the collection you have there. You have the best of the best :mrgreen: I really like the colors on the Foster's pot. The size is the best bang for your buck and the most durable of all the Ridgelines. The most water holding abilities also. That's quite an interesting modification you got going there on the Venom Super Stove :mrgreen:

Steamjam, what kind of stove you got in the camper?

steamjam

Post by steamjam » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:36 pm

zelph wrote:Steamjam, what kind of stove you got in the camper?
For now I am using my trusty Coleman 533 and the Helikon mess kit. Ive been really fighting myself over buying a 1987 Dodge high top camper van I found for sale for cheap because its got a bad transmission, and thinking about taking its high top, and full interior (fridge, sink, 2 burner propane stove, closet, bed etc etc) and sticking it into my 4x4.

BTW I should make a Youtube vid of where I go with this van... 4wd vans are very useful!