Odds and Ends Of Life, Keep It Clean
zelph

Geo Cache Created for Samh

Post by zelph » Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:57 am

In the area of Duluth MN

We'll see how good Sam is ;)

N 46 45.700'

W 092 07.851'

The light shines bright on "Old Glory", flying high above.

Surrounded by three walls of strength, the cache looks up at the mighty Stars and Stripes.

"Liberty and Justice for All"

Have a safe and enjoyable 4th of July weekend.
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

samh

Re: Geo Cache Created for Samh

Post by samh » Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:19 pm

I'll be on it this afternoon!

samh

Post by samh » Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:20 pm

I will begin this response by saying I went from being in a good mood after spending the afternoon out romping in the woods and on the rocks at Ely Peak. Upon my return home I created a quick map and headed out to find me some buried treasure. Upon maneuvering myself to the desired location at N 46 45.700', W 092 07.851' my mood went from good to utterly outstanding! Find the results of today's geocache challenge below.

samh

Post by samh » Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:22 pm

Zelph, thank you so much! Are you going to be swinging back through the area so I can set out a geocache for you as well?

DarenN

Post by DarenN » Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:44 pm

what a great score, Samh!!
look how it sparkles in the last pic!! :D
"I'd rather be happy than right." Slartibartfast

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:53 pm

Awesome find Sam. Santa Zelph is at it again ! ;) How cool is that ! :mrgreen:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

zelph

Post by zelph » Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:04 pm

Your welcome samh. You lucked out, I went easy on you with only one set of coordinates. I was in a hurry to head north to the UP. I had 2 more canisters of different sizes to cache with coordinates. You would never had found the last one. I was going to make it a nightime find using a Tritium glow marker. Maybe next time!!!!! I'm heading up that way again to Wright MN in not too far in the future. Maybe I'll give you a try at my skills with the gps. :lol:

I headed over into Superior, WI after making the cache. Nice view of Deluth via the bridge.

samh

Post by samh » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:14 am

Zelph - Save your caches. I'm moving to Montana on Sunday. I guess you'll just have to come out and visit the good old Yellowstone Ecosystem. Shucks, eh? ; )

I got some good use out of the Starlyte and Heineken pot recently. My friends and I were on our annual 4th o' July camping trip and I brought pretty much every backpacking stove I own along (NERD!!!). Below is a picture of the picnic table riddled with my stoves (the Coleman Peak I is not mine however).

zelph

Post by zelph » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:56 pm

Nice spread you got there!!!!!

Moving is no fun!!!!! Your loss my friend. My wife and 2 daughters are going camping in 2 weeks up to the Jay Cooke State Park just a stone throw away from Deluth. We coulda ate good, smiled alot and enjoyed life for a spell :D (I'll be up there for 1 week)

Nothing like a good campfire to keep me warm. When it gets too warm I stand up :lol: :lol:

MN has more than Montana!!!! It must be you don't like to fish, leaving 10,000 lakes behind :lol:

What will you be doing in Montana when you're not hiking?

What is the stove in the lower right hand corner of the table?

What's it like to store the caldera cone? I made a couple but have not tested them. Easy to make, the drawings are here somewhere for DIY selfers.

I saw a nice aluminum 3 quart(gal.?) aluminum potw/lid at a thrift shop today, almost bought it for 50 cents. I was in control :lol:

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:48 pm

I saw a nice aluminum 3 quart(gal.?) aluminum potw/lid at a thrift shop today, almost bought it for 50 cents. I was in control
I have days like that but they are few and far between. I find it easier to just not go to the thrift store. I have enough clutter but the urge to find that treasure keeps calling me back ! :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !