Osprey Exos 58 Review...

Enter your review of an item you have personnaly used.
ConnieD

Re: Osprey Exos 58 Review...

Postby ConnieD » Thu May 20, 2010 12:36 pm

Now I want one!

At $65 I especially want one.

Wait... wait... What two layers did you have on?

Was it a down suit top and bottom over wool longjohns? :geek:

Wait... wait... this link selling it says it packs to 7 x 14". How did you do it :?:

The stuff sack is the original. Have you had this sleeping bag a long time? Is it still warm or is the insulation smashed?

JBRanger

Postby JBRanger » Thu May 20, 2010 1:00 pm

Man, Connie, you're busting me today! LOL!

Base layer was Target Champion brand wicking layer. Second layer was polypro. Really could have just done the polypro and been fine, but I'm a cold sleeper. I like to be toasty. :D

I guess 7x14 is about right. Don't know as I didn't measure. All I know is I bought one on the recommendation of a friend who has spent more time outside in different bags than I have. He has tried Snugpak, Wiggy's, custom down/cuben bags, etc... He recommends these bags to friends/family that will only spend a few nights a year outside. At the price point/performance this bag is hard to beat.

ConnieD

Postby ConnieD » Thu May 20, 2010 1:27 pm

No kidding.

I would like to try the Cuben sleeping quilt in 2-layers Climashield Combat or Climashield Apex made by Tim at "enLightened equipment". He estimates 20 F at 1 lb 5 oz for my size. I really would like to order one, but big $$$ and long waiting list.

Meanwhile, this 0 bag looks mighty nice.

That Osprey Exos 58 is under 2.5 lbs. and I do list packs under 2.5 lbs. at my website. Hmm...

JBRanger

Postby JBRanger » Thu May 20, 2010 3:48 pm

That's funny as my final purchase decision was based off of your sub 2.5lb recommendations... LOL! :DB:

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Thu May 20, 2010 5:24 pm

I've seen those High Peak bags advertised on ebay quite a bit and always wondered how well they performed. Thanks for the recommendation JBRanger. I'd say they pack down closer to the size of two Nalgene bottles or so but hey, that is still pretty dang small for a 0* bag, ehh? How wide is it at the shoulders? That is where I have problems finding a comfy bag. ;)
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

Return to “Equipment Reviews”