Heavy Backpack

Discuss commercial internal/external packs you have used and give your likes and dislikes.
zelph

Heavy Backpack

Postby zelph » Fri May 30, 2008 7:42 pm

This was a photo included in an email from my wife.

Actually it's a Fanny Pack :lol: :lol: :lol:

There's a lesson to be learned here. :mrgreen:

http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Ridgerunner

Re: Heavy Backpack

Postby Ridgerunner » Fri May 30, 2008 10:48 pm

Wow, too funny. Looks like the mule is carrying the weight of the world on his shoulders. :lol: :lol:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

zelph

Postby zelph » Fri May 30, 2008 11:16 pm

Maybe the mule decided to take a rest and sat on the cart :lol:

The guy on sgt rocks site used it as his avatar for awhile. "Dropkick" is his name.

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Sat May 31, 2008 7:38 am

Maybe the mule decided to take a rest and sat on the cart

Actually, what you have there is a picture of MiddleEastern ingenuity.The boys like to have competitions to see who's mule candrag the most weight a hundred yards. Well, whenever there was a tie, the tiebreaker was decided by who's mule weighed the least. What we are seeing here is a mule scale. :lol: :lol: The last last box was enough to tip the mule(not to be confused with tipping cows) :mrgreen:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

DarenN

Postby DarenN » Sat May 31, 2008 9:49 am

Ridgerunner wrote:

Actually, what you have there is a picture of MiddleEastern ingenuity.The boys like to have competitions to see who's mule candrag the most weight a hundred yards. Well, whenever there was a tie, the tiebreaker was decided by who's mule weighed the least. What we are seeing here is a mule scale. :lol: :lol: The last last box was enough to tip the mule(not to be confused with tipping cows) :mrgreen:

Actually, what you have there is a picture of a MiddleEastern Farriers Shoeing Hoist. the Farriers in that part of the world are very concerned about the mules getting a Repetative Stress Injury from all the knee bending when changing shoes or trimming hooves. it is a little known fact that the device was actually borrowed from the Chortitza Mennonites who passed through that area of the world on their way to Manitoba. the Gypsy-like Mennonites were a very ingeneous lot and left many "run-what-you-brung" technologies in the wake of their passing.
:D
"I'd rather be happy than right." Slartibartfast

russb

Postby russb » Sat May 31, 2008 10:09 am

DarenN wrote:
Ridgerunner wrote:

Actually, what you have there is a picture of a MiddleEastern Farriers Shoeing Hoist. the Farriers in that part of the world are very concerned about the mules getting a Repetative Stress Injury from all the knee bending when changing shoes or trimming hooves. it is a little known fact that the device was actually borrowed from the Chortitza Mennonites who passed through that area of the world on their way to Manitoba. the Gypsy-like Mennonites were a very ingeneous lot and left many "run-what-you-brung" technologies in the wake of their passing.
:D

I believe you are both incorrect. What we have here is what is known as "The New Mexico Mule Cannon". If the photo was taken from a different angle you would see the firing mechanism. The purpose of this device is to transport the pack animal back to the trailhead so it can bring up another load.

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Sat May 31, 2008 10:12 am

I see we have a History buff in our rank and file. You are absolutely right that this is a MiddleEastern Farriers Shoeing Hoist. What you missed was the interesting fact that these nomads are great packers and hikers. They don't carry alcohol stoves to lighten their loads. No, they go one step further, as they just use a dried piece of mule or camel dung surrounded by 3 stones for a pot stand to fuel their cooking fire. Even though they don't have computer technology to hang out on bplite.com, they are intellectual enough to have adapted to the concept of multi-use items and thus, this MiddleEastern Farriers Shoeing Hoist is also used as a Mule Scale ;) :lol: And when the sun sets in the in the west and the boys have had their fill of goats cheese, beans, rice, and cheap wine and the mules and camels look at them with those big brown eyes, that's when the games begin ! :mrgreen:

DarenN

Postby DarenN » Sat May 31, 2008 10:18 am

Ridgerunner wrote:they just use a dried piece of mule or camel dung to fuel their meals. :lol:

that explains the taste of their recipes! :lol:
"I'd rather be happy than right." Slartibartfast

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Sat May 31, 2008 10:35 am

Ridgerunner wrote:
they just use a dried piece of mule or camel dung to fuel their meals.

that explains the taste of their recipes!
Daren, you were on my scenario before I could even get back to edit it. QuickDraw McDaren(fastest poster on the coast :lol: ) I can see you practicing with your pistol sharpshooter friend."Yeah, yeah 10 bullseyes each but mine were 3.2 seconds quicker ! " :lol: :lol: :P

zelph

Postby zelph » Sat May 31, 2008 2:17 pm

At first I thought I was in the wrong thread :lol:

I had to look at the photo again to make sure where I was.

The photo clearly shows all of the information you guys have given :mrgreen: :shock: :shock: :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “BACKPACKS”