Fishing Gear

Discuss water related activities. fishing, canoeing, kayaking, sailing.
realityguy

Re: Scores of the day!

Postby realityguy » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:03 am

Actually Zelph,the bear had the fish so I whacked him on the head with my flyrod,he dropped the fish,and ran.I picked it up,got the picture taken,and let her go!If you believe that,I've got a bridge a bit upstream I'll sell you for $1000..pickup only and no paypal! :mrgreen: :lol:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Postby zelph » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:52 am

realityguy wrote:Actually Zelph,the bear had the fish so I whacked him on the head with my flyrod,he dropped the fish,and ran.I picked it up,got the picture taken,and let her go!If you believe that,I've got a bridge a bit upstream I'll sell you for $1000..pickup only and no paypal! :mrgreen: :lol:

I heard that you also got one about the same size and somone caught it on tape. Looks like you were coing to keep it :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKH2oLjQIAA

The bridge can stay in place, I'll fish off of it. I'll catch the 6 inchers and bake them on my new flat pan :mrgreen:

Video compliments of RR.
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:33 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I think that took place in BC..somewhere around Surrey I heard..Cute!... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I spent the month of june remodelling a flyfishing camp in Alaska (Katmai Lodge)for 3 years in the mid 80s'..Sometimes I wondered if I would be faced with that situation up there!!Nothing worse than stepping out of a boat unto a gravel bar covered with big-a$$ bear prints,steaming piles of Bear S--- and fish carcasses... keeping one eye in front and one behind while you are fishing...I think I would have tripped my fellow fishermen while running for the boat..rather than trying to kick him in the nards..Those are big boys up there!
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:03 pm

Okay..I guess the wife isn't going anywhere for 3 weeks or so..so I pulled the hike-crap out to "maybe" get a few things sorted out and tested.Afyter looking at it...maybe another day(or week) will be needed.. :o :shock:

Apparently I've accumulated a tad more than I thought over the last few months...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

zelph

Re: Fishing Gear

Postby zelph » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:20 pm

:D HeeHee, a tad more than thought, A true "Stovie" :DP:

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:44 pm

Okay..and I DID buy another pot today... :lol: :lol: ..but it WAS just a little one.. :o :DB:

zelph

Postby zelph » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:50 am

realityguy wrote:Okay..and I DID buy another pot today... :lol: :lol: ..but it WAS just a little one.. :o :DB:

As long as they're little ones we can buy them by the dozen!!! :D

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Sat May 09, 2009 6:08 pm

Another successful trip to the swap meet..got this for $5..minus the flyreel...Image

URL=http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/dd25/realityguy/?action=view&current=colemanfishpenflyreelextended.jpg]Image[/URL]

Anyway..I've been looking for a light weight fiberglass or graphite fly/packrod that I could modify for the tiny reel..However..this will do ..so it saves me a ton of work ,making one and it's pretty indestructible!
"Coleman Fish Pen"...collapsing pole that is self-storing in it's own "pen case"..overall about 8" long has the perfect reel seat for the smaller mount of the flyreel!
The casting reel that comes with the kit..well..looks like a piece of crap with a lot of plastic..but does have a drag system on it.I haven't tried casting the thing.The kit does come with a plastic casting practice plug,3 hooks,3 weights,and a bobber(WOW! :mrgreen: )!
I figure a handful of fishing flies and using the flyreel rather than the casting one gives me a fishing set of a total weight of 120 grams!The casting ability isn't superb but something I can live with with casts of say 30-40 ft..good for small streams.I took a 3 weight double taper line,cut it in half,added 50' or so of kevlar spiderwire and it pretty much fills the reel to capacity..I can carry some 4 lb tippet,the reel,pen,and a handful of dry/wet flies in a small case and hoepfully catch dinner when it's available.. :DB: :fishing: = :fish: = :dinner: :mrgreen:

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Sat May 09, 2009 6:39 pm

Hmm..just checked google..someone has these small sets for 6.99 online down from $16.99! :o If you need a tiny pole that has a tiny reel seat..Like I said..I don't know how well they cast with that reel(I've got another tiny daiwa reel I'd probably use in 'casting" mode...)..but if someone wants to know,I can go out in the yard and try it out.They come loaded with light line (6lb?). :P

oops56

Postby oops56 » Sat May 09, 2009 10:13 pm

realityguy wrote:Another successful trip to the swap meet..got this for $5..minus the flyreel...Image

URL=http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/dd25/realityguy/?action=view&current=colemanfishpenflyreelextended.jpg]Image[/URL]

Anyway..I've been looking for a light weight fiberglass or graphite fly/packrod that I could modify for the tiny reel..However..this will do ..so it saves me a ton of work ,making one and it's pretty indestructible!
"Coleman Fish Pen"...collapsing pole that is self-storing in it's own "pen case"..overall about 8" long has the perfect reel seat for the smaller mount of the flyreel!
The casting reel that comes with the kit..well..looks like a piece of crap with a lot of plastic..but does have a drag system on it.I haven't tried casting the thing.The kit does come with a plastic casting practice plug,3 hooks,3 weights,and a bobber(WOW! :mrgreen: )!
I figure a handful of fishing flies and using the flyreel rather than the casting one gives me a fishing set of a total weight of 120 grams!The casting ability isn't superb but something I can live with with casts of say 30-40 ft..good for small streams.I took a 3 weight double taper line,cut it in half,added 50' or so of kevlar spiderwire and it pretty much fills the reel to capacity..I can carry some 4 lb tippet,the reel,pen,and a handful of dry/wet flies in a small case and hoepfully catch dinner when it's available.. :DB: :fishing: = :fish: = :dinner: :mrgreen:

I got 2 of them pen pole sets yup the reel not the best
Man play with fire man get burnt

Return to “Water-Hiking”