Sevylor Colorado canoe

Discuss water related activities. fishing, canoeing, kayaking, sailing.
realityguy

Re: Sevylor Colorado canoe

Postby realityguy » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:02 am

bag the foot pump(except in the field)..Get a cheap 12volt one and use that most of the time off your vehicle when you can... ;)
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

Bfinnigan

Postby Bfinnigan » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:38 am

The 12 vt pump I got for it won't inflate it tight enough. Even with the foot pump I inflate it until the pressure bypasses on the pump open up. And the foot pump is just as fast. I will get a smaller hand pump for it to take along that wont take up as much space as the foot pump does.
Even a bad day on the mountain is better than a good day at the office.

sudden

Postby sudden » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:59 pm

I was looking at the foldcat a while back and found this pump. I think it is probably ideal for any inflatable.

http://www.seaeagle.com/accessories/Pumps.aspx
MB-100 high speed electric pump is specifically designed for higher pressure inflatable boats. Hooks up directly to a car battery using a 5' extension cord with alligator clips. Just set the pressure gauge to the desired pressure and turn on

The boat was too heavy for me so now I have a carbon canoe on my wish list.

http://www.hornbeckboats.com/pricing/pricing.htm
10’ 8” "The Black Jack"
All carbon fiber to include a unique carbon fiber gunnel.
Beam 30” depth 11” capacity 300 lbs.
Weighs 12 lbs.!
"People are not persuaded by what we say, but rather by what they understand."

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:02 pm

I didn't see a capacity of 300lb but a capacity of 125lbs..You must be a leprechaun.. :o
:lol:

Edit..okay..okay..scan down..bigger ones below.. :roll:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

Bfinnigan

Postby Bfinnigan » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:38 pm

I just got my wife a Sevylor Rio for Christmas and a kayak paddle since she will be done with school in the spring. Then she can come with my daughter and I on our trips.

This vid shows a lot about the Rio and the Colorado since they are made the exact same way.

zelph

Postby zelph » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:21 pm

Those are totally awesome. Look so easy to inflate and carry. Get one for me for Christmas, I've not been naughty!!!!! :mrgreen:

What studies has your wife been doing while you and your daughter have been outside playing?

It'll be nice to have all three of you out together as a family :D
"Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained" stove store = http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Bfinnigan

Postby Bfinnigan » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:15 pm

zelph wrote:........ Get one for me for Christmas, I've not been naughty!!!!! :mrgreen:

I'll have to see some documentation first along with some references as well as a background search. :DP:

My wife is currently a paramedic but at 46 it's becoming a tough job. So she is finishing up her bachelors in health care admin. She most likely will end up as a supervisor for the same company she works for. The severe obese people seem to be the primary utilizers of EMS. When it takes 8 people to lift someone into the back of an ambulance you know it's out of control. I got out of the profession 18 years ago just because of the 24 hr shifts and al the BS that you deal with.

zelph

Postby zelph » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:04 pm

Go up on the mountain and check with Santa, he knows who's been naughty or nice :lol:

I read on Primalfires you've got a bad lumbar disc or something or other. that must have slowed you down a bit. :o

Congratulations go out to your wife for her graduation and being able to be with family when you go outside and play :D

http://primalfires.yuku.com/topic/4113/ ... rcoal.html

The severe obese people seem to be the primary utilizers of EMS.

those are the norm nowa days :roll:
"Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained" stove store = http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Bfinnigan

Postby Bfinnigan » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:34 pm

I had a degenerative L4,5 disk but I had several spinal steroid epidurals over two years. I also started using high doses of multi-spectrum amino acids and the back has been doing great for almost two years now. Our joints will heal and regenerate but we have to give them the building blocks. Age and poor diet shorts us out of amino acids. We eat the proteins but we don't do a good job of breaking them down into aminos that our cells utilize.

So I did my homework and research and it seems to be working good. It took well over six months but I stayed committed to it. Eventually at a certain point I will need a synthetic disk. My goal is to put that off as long as possible.

DarenN

Postby DarenN » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:47 pm

Bfinnigan wrote: Eventually at a certain point I will need a synthetic disk.

i got two this past spring. (C6-C7). woke up one morning with a paralized arm. no warning at all. the surgury was a snap. i was released from the hospital 24 hours after i went under the knife. that said; my neighbor had a discectomy on his lower back. he was off work for a lot longer than i was.
"I'd rather be happy than right." Slartibartfast

Return to “Water-Hiking”