Fun DIY Water Hiking Project

Discuss water related activities. fishing, canoeing, kayaking, sailing.
zelph

Fun DIY Water Hiking Project

Postby zelph » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:23 pm

I dound this article interesting to read on how it was done in the early days.

http://home.surewest.net/rte395/canoe.html

"Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained" stove store = http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

realityguy

Re: Fun DIY Water Hiking Project

Postby realityguy » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:46 am

Okay..so when is your canoe going to be done..right after the hammock? :roll:
:lol:

I was thinking of sending you birch bark for one but figured the project would "go up in smoke"(heck..this is better than firecubes! :mrgreen: ). ;)
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Postby zelph » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:58 pm

nononononono!!!! don't have time for more projects :lol:

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:16 pm

I got my project done..except for the roofing($$$ :cry: )..Just the roofing paper for now until more funds come in..

A Bluegrass Convention Center(alias the ol' woodshed.. :lol: )
I had to spend $100 on 2 posts,7 pier blocks,and 2 post-to-beam brackets..had everything else laying around here.
The old cedar fencing off a fence replacement job worked out well for side boards,gables,and facias.Overhangs are A/C plywood I got from old shelving(2'x8' pieces) someone threw out of a business down the road;3 sheets of OSB I had for the rest.Wall framing was the 2x6 joists off an old free deck off craigslist..The 4x4s I had have spent years under the old wood pile..bought as a 1/2 price "farmer load" years ago.The 2x6 roof rafters were $1 2x6 studs off craigs about a year ago.Roofing paper was a $3 roll at a thrift store.Yeah,I'm a scrounger.. :lol:
I have the roofing to go..afraid to even price the stuff these days..$ :shock: ...

It should hold about 4 cords with kindling..8x11 and the sides are about 6' high..no more god awful blue tarps! :mrgreen: :DB: :DB: :DP:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:54 pm

How thoughtful of you, Cuz, to build the area rodent their own little shelter ;) ... :lol:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:58 pm

I've been having a hard time keeping the "hunter" cat home from a new derelict neighbor's house across the street that doesn't do a damn thing as far as yard work,leaving it as a large jungle full of probably vermin and a bird sanctuary.I had to do something to get her to return here..Believe me..she'll be happy as a clam and hard at work all day and night keeping that building stripped out as far as rodents go..but we'll probably get more "toys" in the house..That's the only downfall for the idea.She has the yard stripped now..why she's wandering... :roll:
I'll need one of those airport scanners to keep tabs on her coming in the house.Her record is I think 4 mice/rats in the house in 16 hours...only two of them were dead... :evil:
We still had the wood pile before with a couple blue tarps over it..full of holes chewed by squirrels or mice..At least now we won't have to keep replacing the tarps. ;)

zelph

Postby zelph » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:21 pm

Nice shelter :D

Now you have more room for the thrift store bikes that you'll buy :lol:

Soon as the wood is gone, more room for more bikes :lol:

Nice project, nice salvage work, you do alright for for a westerner :o

Return to “Water-Hiking”