Paddleboarding on Lake Greenwood, SC....

Discuss water related activities. fishing, canoeing, kayaking, sailing.
JBRanger

Paddleboarding on Lake Greenwood, SC....

Postby JBRanger » Mon May 21, 2012 11:43 am

So this weekend I went on trip organized at HF.net for Goat Island on beautiful Lake Greenwood, SC. I took along a paddle board for my transportation. WOW! This is my new favorite thing. So much fun, peaceful at times (no motor noise), and a workout to boot! What more could you ask for? Had a great time at this campout with others from HF.net. They had a low country boil Saturday night and for dessert they made a cobbler! DELICIOUS! (they brought in supplies by boat, so no worries about weight).

Also, I made a bugnet for my bridge which worked wonderful (my first foray into "thread injecting"). I also got to cook my food on an Emberlit! I brought my SS which served me well for breakfast and dinner, but I really wanted to try out the Emberlit. I have to say I'm VERY impressed. The Ti version is just grabbing at my wallet.

But yea, back to the topic, Paddleboarding and camping..... I will DEFINITELY be doing more of this in the future!
Album link --> http://goo.gl/D04Yy

cadyak

Re: Paddleboarding on Lake Greenwood, SC....

Postby cadyak » Mon May 21, 2012 2:43 pm

Very nice trip. Im ready to try a hammock.

Thats one fine looking low country boil....

JBRanger

Postby JBRanger » Mon May 21, 2012 3:14 pm

Once you try a hammock, you may not return! LOL! You've been warned.

zelph

Postby zelph » Mon May 21, 2012 5:57 pm

Super nice photos :D

Low Country Boil. That takes place only in the southeast states so I have to ask......what did they boil :P

The feed hole in the emberlit looks too small. Slips my mind what he patterned the stove after but it needs a larger feed hole.

Seems like all the get togethers by hammock hangers are camping events. close to car parking lots or all equiment hauled in by canoe etc. They have big food rituals :D

Who made your bridge, can't remember?

I have two nice trees at my campsite to stretch my modified hammock when I get-toit
"Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained" stove store = http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

JBRanger

Postby JBRanger » Tue May 22, 2012 9:47 am

The boiled shrimp, potatoes, and corn. Dessert was a cobbler of sorts. Blueberry and peach.

The feed hole was not too small on the emberlit. It was just right. We had it burning for quite a while. I thought the ash would build to a point to where it would just fall out of the feed hole but that wasn't the case. Overall it burned very well. The packability (if that is a word) really made it shine. That and they offer the Ti version. :shock: There's a smaller version but honestly, I think it would have issues keeping a consistent burn going.

They have big food rituals
You say that like it's a bad thing! :lol:

Dutch from HF.net made my bridge. I tried an 11' gathered end and I think that it is as equally comfortable as my bridge hammock. Being longer it has more usable "wide" space for sleeping on diagonal. This made it lay NEARLY flat. I'll be making one of those in the near future.

zelph

Postby zelph » Tue May 22, 2012 9:17 pm

all outings should have food rituals, the bigger the better :D

We need nurishment after a long days hike, lots of it ;)

I have yet to try out my Warbonnet. It will happen this year! 8-) I might like it better than my bridge. Diagonal might be the way to go. Don't know until we try both.

JBRanger

Postby JBRanger » Thu May 31, 2012 11:10 am

I recently laid in a 11' gathered end. I have to say it's AS COMFY as my bridge. Due to it being longer the usable width is more so you can get even flatter! I WILL be making one shortly.

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Thu May 31, 2012 7:40 pm

Sounds nice JBRanger. Now you can look for trees a bit further apart ;)
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

zelph

Postby zelph » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:40 pm

I recently laid in a 11' gathered end

Whoa!!! that's long....I can imagine it being comfy. Did you lay on your side while in it?

JBRanger

Postby JBRanger » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:46 am

Well, I currently have a bridge hammock that is 13' at the triangle ends plus more for the rest of the suspension! So this will actually be SHORTER! LOL! Also, since I'm a cheapskate I have a large 12.5 x 9 Chinook tarp as well. So yea, it's long but if I get the smaller hammock I should have quite the "cabin in the woods" with my setup.

Return to “Water-Hiking”