Anodized Aluminum Tumblers

Have you found a cool item at a retail outlet that's in everyone's backyard? Well let's hear about it.
Allen

Anodized Aluminum Tumblers

Postby Allen » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:19 pm

I haven't tried these Yet, But there have to be tons of them in Dime Stores and Thrift shops.
Add a small piece of Foil and have a light weight Anodized Cook Pot. :)

http://www.brylanehome.com/decor/Retro- ... haseType=G

Cheers!

Ridgerunner

Re: Anodized Aluminum Tumblers

Postby Ridgerunner » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:43 pm

Allen, funny that you should bring these tumblers up. I just picked up 6 of them at Goodwill for a quarter apiece a couple of weeks ago. First time I had seen them in the thrift stores. I knew I had to find a "Stovie project" for them but have not thought about it lately. WOW, $20 ea. Do I hear $5........ :lol:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

Allen

Re: Anodized Aluminum Tumblers

Postby Allen » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:15 pm

Ridgerunner wrote:Allen, funny that you should bring these tumblers up. I just picked up 6 of them at Goodwill for a quarter apiece a couple of weeks ago. First time I had seen them in the thrift stores. I knew I had to find a "Stovie project" for them but have not thought about it lately. WOW, $20 ea. Do I hear $5........ :lol:

That's a great find Ridgerunner. If You ever get a chance to boil water in one, I would be interested in
knowing how it worked :)
In the link I posted 20.00 was for 6 -16 oz or 4 -30 oz tumblers. A lot more than 25 cents each :)

Return to “Dime Store Diamonds”