"Wood Fires" Top Lighting Technique

Here's the place you can post your favorite wood burning stove and also information on how to build and where to get supplies.
Ridgerunner

Re: "Wood Fires" Top Lighting Technique

Post by Ridgerunner » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:21 pm

They really fly nice out the window of a van from a hav-a-hart...
:o Ouch! Nice guy! :shock:
I once saw two squirrels running from opposite directions on a electric line above the street. They met in the middle and got into a tussle with both of them plummeting to the asphalt below with a big thud/crack noise. They both ran off in different directions; no worse for wear :lol:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

DarenN

Post by DarenN » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:22 pm

Ridgerunner wrote:
They really fly nice out the window of a van from a hav-a-hart...
:o Ouch! Nice guy! :shock:
I once saw two squirrels running from opposite directions on a electric line above the street. They met in the middle and got into a tussle with both of them plummeting to the asphalt below with a big thud/crack noise. They both ran off in different directions; no worse for wear :lol:
there is documentation that describes Davey Crocket killing squirrels by "Barking" them.
this (i understand) is still a comman practice in some areas. espesially amongst black powder shooters.
instead of actually aiming at the squirrel, the hunter aims at the branch that the squirrel stands on. the squirrel is dispatched by the exploding bark; much more cleanly than by a huge lead ball. even the diminutive .32 calibre will do a lot of damage to rodent-sized game.
"I'd rather be happy than right." Slartibartfast

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:03 pm

We get some pretty big ones out here that growl a lot in the cages.PAWS(progressive animal welfare society)..suggest drowning the suckers...don't let them go...
My neighbor keeps feeding the damn things..and I keep threatening to shave their tails so she knows what they really are..
They eat all my peaches and a good percentage of the asian pears end up on the ground with one bite out of each one.
The guy I'm working with has a huge walnut tree..Guess what..they don't get any because the squirrelies wipe them out..
:evil:
Hey Cuz..com'on up here and help yourself to as many as you can carry back!In a month's time you could have enough for a nice coat AND a pair of slippers.. :lol:

How'd this conversation get onto "katz"..???? :lol:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

DarenN

Post by DarenN » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:19 pm

realityguy wrote:How'd this conversation get onto "katz"..???? :lol:
"if ya can't beat 'em; join 'em!" :lol:
"I'd rather be happy than right." Slartibartfast

zelph

Post by zelph » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:07 pm

Squirrels taste better than rabbit and all the other ground dwelling animals that there is a "season" on in my opinion ;)

I am officially a TLUD maniac :lol: I've become addicted to seeing how well my stove lights with paper. I might have some photos and videos posted tomorrow.
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

zelph

Post by zelph » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:44 pm

Here are some random photos of my testing for the past week. I need to put them in some kind of order to mean anything to you. They are for my reference for future use. There are some 20 second video segments made with my camera not my video recorder. The segments need to be merged when I get the time. I had to do my outside chores today :roll:

ImageImageImageImageImageImage[/URL[URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v228/obijiwa/Woodgaz%20Stove/?action=view&current=woodburnernew105.jpg]ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v228/ ... new085.jpg]Image

zelph

Post by zelph » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:01 pm

Here's another video:

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:25 pm

Without enlarging,the thumbnail above the Jake turkey looks like a glowing Jack-o-lantern with a tophat! :lol: :lol:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:30 pm

Zelph, the only picture missing is the one with a frying pan with some floured squirrel in some hot grease! ;) See how nicely these post all tie together? :lol: :lol: :DP:

zelph

Post by zelph » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:02 pm

That jake turkey would look even nicer in my Dutch Oven :lol:

Along side the jake would be some squirrel to make it taste a lot sweeter.......more like chicken :mrgreen:

Those evening photos shows how hot the firebox gets to be glowing red. After the evening meal has had a chance to settle, a nice glowing campfire can be made in the stove. Rehydrate some marshmallows and make somores. ;)