Heine Companion Stove/Windscreen/Storage Container

Here's the place you can post your favorite wood burning stove and also information on how to build and where to get supplies.
Ridgerunner

Heine Companion Stove/Windscreen/Storage Container

Post by Ridgerunner » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:23 pm

Did some slight modifications to my multifaceted Heine stove/windscreen/storage container. This was my first woodburner and wow, it boils water quick. I drilled a few holes for an adjustable potstand, depending if you are cooking with wood or alcohol.

Image Notice the newly aquired "Starlyte"---thanks, Zelph ;)

Gathered some tinder from my stand of White pines in the front yard.

There goes the finish on the cookie tin. burned very hot.

Set up for alcohol stove. Tin acts as wind screen for alcohol stove. You could use a small piece of flashing to cover the wood fuel port if desired.

Took the Swedish design and incorporated it into a multi-functional Heine Companion using a cookie tin. Zelph, looks like I am going to need a bail for the Heine pot when using it with the alcohol stove inside the tin. I also took the three edges of the triangular wood port and bent them inward leaving a smooth edge to ease any worries about sharp edges inside your pack.
Easy to make and fun to play with---have at it Stovies. ;) :D
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

Mister Krabs

Re: Heine Companion Stove/Windscreen/Storage Container

Post by Mister Krabs » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:54 pm

You can use a hole punch to make the holes for the bail. I used a piece of copper wire for mine, but you could use any thin wire or cable.

zelph

Post by zelph » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:59 pm

Something else you can use is the ahhhhhhhhhhhhh.........it was on the tip of my tounge.....darn it....lost it :roll: the mint tin cover that snaps onto the top of the Heiny pot. You all know what I'm talking about :oops: Oldtimers settin in :lol: I'll go see if I can find it, there is a thread somewhere.
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

ggarris

Post by ggarris » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:25 pm

I think it's the LifeSavers Fruit Tarts tin or the York's patty mints round tin lid. Neither of which is anywhere in Wyoming. I found the Lifesavers on amazon one time.

zelph

Post by zelph » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:44 pm

ggarris wrote:I think it's the LifeSavers Fruit Tarts tin or the York's patty mints round tin lid. Neither of which is anywhere in Wyoming. I found the Lifesavers on amazon one time.
You are good ggarris!!! ;) I searched Lifesavers Fruit Tarts and the thread I was looking for came up. I was getting impatient trying to find it :o

I quote from "Pimp my Heine and addons"

Holy Moly. The lid is fantastic so far. I filled it with water and tipped it over and only a small amount came out. The lid is vented all around it's perimeter.

Holy Moly!!!! What a find. Now to test it under boiling water.

Holy Moly it's made of food grade steel. Put a wooden knob on the top of it and you'll probably be able to lift the pot off the stove, by the lid, without burning your fingers like those guys do with the fiberglass wrapped pots.(me when I tested it)

Holy Moly, that deserves a free stove, send me your address in a PM.

Allen don't go outside. Front brake pads have asbestos in them and truck brake pads even more. Every time breaks are put on a little asbestos goes into the air. And for sure don't eat the mints. :)

Allen don't go outside. Front brake pads have asbestos in them and truck brake pads even more. Every time breaks are put on a little asbestos goes into the air. And for sure don't eat the mints. :)

Now Ridgerunner, add a large wooden knob to the top off the lid and you'll be able to pick it up by that.

Anyone know if they still sell those mints?

Thank you ggarris :D

It's called the "Jess Lid"
Re: "Pimp My Heine" add-ons & accessories

Postby IceAge » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:20 am
Howdy folks,

I just shared this with the good people at WhiteBlaze but thought it was important enough to post over here, too.

I found a great new lid for the Heiny pot, thanks to my excellent neighbor here at work. She turned me on to these LifeSavers Fruit Tarts

The lid for these is unique because it locks in place using the tabbed edges. You lock it by gently pressing the sides and unlock it by pushing in the center. I tested it yesterday and it fits perfectly on a Heiny pot that has the original rolled edge intact, and it stays put!.

In honor of my co-worker, I told her I would name it 'The Jess Lid'.
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/