hey it actually works

Here's the place you can post your favorite wood burning stove and also information on how to build and where to get supplies.
cadyak

hey it actually works

Post by cadyak » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:36 am

Dawn Power Dissolver

My wife bought a case of this stuff last year and couldnt stop talking about it.
I thought it was a silly purchase. Repeatedly my wife would spray it on a pot and leave it out (for weeks) until eventually I get tired of looking at it and wash it and put it away. Later I would hear her say, "That stuff really works". :lol:

I didnt think it worked any better for greasy pots than regular dawn and a plastic brush or scourpad.
I have found its calling however.
Last night I thought I would try it on my never-ever-been-cleaned-on-the-outside wood stove pots. I sprayed and left it for about a half hour and Every bit of soot came off. The really caked bottoms took two applications but if it worked for these pots, then with a regular dowsing it should be really easy to keep your wood stove pot/pans clean.
I have quietly placed the remaining 8 bottles in my work room.

realityguy

Re: hey it actually works

Post by realityguy » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:46 am

Okay..so when are you going to break down and tell the wife she was right... :lol:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Post by zelph » Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:41 pm

What is the main ingredient that would be dissolving the creosote?

Thank your wife for us!!!! :D And thank you for sharing her find :D
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

zelph

Post by zelph » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:15 pm

I checked the local K-Mart and drew a blank, no gots!!!!!!
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/