Stainless Steel Kelly Kettle

Here's the place you can post your favorite wood burning stove and also information on how to build and where to get supplies.
Ridgerunner

Re: Stainless Steel Kelly Kettle

Postby Ridgerunner » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:46 pm

What happened to your sons kettle? :oops: :lol:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:16 pm

I bet hers will boil faster than yours just out of spite.. :lol: ..and the fact you'll probablyu go the extra mile to keep in her good graces by giving her the best tinder,the best and driest pieces of firewood,the best stack,and light it before yours... ;) ..just for extra brownie points around home.. :mrgreen:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Postby zelph » Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:04 am

My son's kettle has been diverted for a space in time :lol: I'll have to get him one for his B-Day :o

RG, I go for brownie points all the time. When she looks good, I look better :DB:
"Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained" stove store = http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:23 pm

When she looks good, I look better
:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

zelph

Postby zelph » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:17 pm

I'm modifying my small kettle. If I eliminate the base I can add a grease pot plus 1/2 ounce of something. The grease pot will heat 3-4 cups on top of the kettle while the kettle is heating 2 cups.

Wood will be contained in a round Woodgaz stove as seen in the first post to this thread. The woodgaz controls the burn in an orderly fashion when vertical stacked and top lit.

The 2 pieces under the kettle are stainless steel to withstand high heat. They raise the kettle to allow air to enter from below. A stainless corrugated sheet will protect the ground from being scorched.

The kettle fits into the grease pot for storage. The grease pot fits well into the green stuff sack.

zelph

Postby zelph » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:48 pm

My wife and I burned some clothes pins today for a side by side test of the kettles. My wife's kettle boiled and mine did not. Guess why not!!!!! :D

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:00 pm

You snuck more water in yours,lit hers first,gave her the DRY clothespins,and used extra paper to get hers lit...Brownie points.. that's why! ;)
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:37 am

My wife's kettle boiled and mine did not. Guess why not!!!!!

You got your clothes pins off the outdoor line after the crappy weather we have had lately. Hers came out of the bag from the dollar store. :DP:

zelph

Postby zelph » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:50 am

All good guesses :D

The correct answer is: too much air entering from below on mine. I can reduce the height of the kettle support down to 3/8" and that should be fine. It's nice to be able to put in one load of wood and let it go, no need to add and have leftovers/burning twigs falling out from the base section when the kettle is lifted off.

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:44 am

More than likely you'll be wearing them both out by burning them side by side for comparison tests.. :roll:

Return to “WOOD BURNING STOVES”