keeping it all down

Discuss commercially made shelters.
realityguy

Re: keeping it all down

Post by realityguy » Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:59 pm

Thanks,Daren.. that's what I figured..I'll have to make a couple of those for the hammock also...
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner » Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:13 pm

RG, I set myself up for that one ! :oops: I don't use any stakes with my Speers hammock. The rainfly uses one for each corner and in nasty weather, the are 2 more guyouts on each side located 1/3 and 2/3's along the edge. I bring the rainfly down low and tight in windy, rainy conditions and don't have any problem with the hammock swaying. ;)
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:28 pm

RG, I set myself up for that one ! :oops:

Yep... :lol: ..you did.How could I NOT take advantage of that!!... ;) ..
Thanks for more info..I'm new to hammocks and do have the asymetrical tie-outs..why I was wondering about that..I think I can get by with the shorter stakes and use acouple of the tensioners as shock absorbers...
I received my treehuggers from treehugger.com..looks like a nice lightweight system!The units are about 7' long to go around the trees.I still need to make up a couple ties to the hammock but but have some 1-1/2" nylon strapping for that already..and ordered their lightweight carabiners for connecting the hammock to the huggers..Someday I'll set it up and give it a try...
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Post by zelph » Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:47 pm

RR, what your wife told me I can't type out it's so funny

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

My butt has separated from my body I laughed so hard and long.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You sure did set yourself up for that one!!!!!!!!!
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner » Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:22 pm

As mentioned earlier, the stake i use is 9 1/4" in length and gets good penetration is MOST SOIL CONDITIONS ! ;) ;)
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

irrationalsolutions

Post by irrationalsolutions » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:21 am

i was reading on hf tonight and they have a thread talking about tri-stakes. one guy saw the goinggear.com has them for $.99 each. of coarse they were talking about not getting them because the knockoffs never work as well and the guy from goinggear signed on and said they work great and all that and that is you had a problem with them in the first few uses he would give you a full refund. i dont know but i sounds good to me and the price is right. i still need a few more if the wife wants a winter tarp also so i my try them out. they seem to come in both red and silver. just thought i would share the deal. here is the link...

http://goinggear.com/index.php?main_pag ... 5cda97e101
“Do or do not... there is NO try.” Yoda

Luke "Whats in (out) there?" Yoda "Only what you take with you."

Luke "I can’t believe it." Yoda "That is why you Fail.”

zelph

Post by zelph » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:41 am

irrationalsolutions wrote:i was reading on hf tonight and they have a thread talking about tri-stakes. one guy saw the goinggear.com has them for $.99 each. of coarse they were talking about not getting them because the knockoffs never work as well and the guy from goinggear signed on and said they work great and all that and that is you had a problem with them in the first few uses he would give you a full refund. i dont know but i sounds good to me and the price is right. i still need a few more if the wife wants a winter tarp also so i my try them out. they seem to come in both red and silver. just thought i would share the deal. here is the link...

http://goinggear.com/index.php?main_pag ... 5cda97e101
I would look for the longer ones like RR uses. More holding power.
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:40 pm

Good deal, IR. I like the longer ones for loose soil. I was at the thrift store today and found a plastic "cannister" with cross-stich material rolled up inside. I'm guessing it is about 1" or slightly larger in diameter and my 8 stakes fit perfectly snug inside. I just need to trim it to the exact length needed. :DP: Now I need to come up with another use for the paintball ammo cannister. :roll: :lol: