Post by zelph » Tue May 24, 2011 5:55 pm

Watch the video links on the right hand side at this coleman site:

http://www.coleman.com/coleman/colemanc ... 020&brand=

Does not get much easier than this. :D
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

sudden

Re: Coleman Instant 8 tent

Post by sudden » Tue May 24, 2011 9:02 pm

No more poles to lose. I have a turkey blind that works like that. At least it did work like that until my brother unfolded it the wrong way :roll:
"People are not persuaded by what we say, but rather by what they understand."

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Tue May 24, 2011 9:54 pm

No more poles to lose. I have a turkey blind that works like that. At least it did work like that until my brother
Most tent and canopy arrangements I've seen like that with hinges,plastic pieces,and thin metal poles are pieces of garbage and the "fold the wrong way" ends up with busted plastic pieces or bent thin metal rods that snap off when someone tries to straighten them.The thrift stores are full of them around here..no thanks.
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

simplepeddler

Post by simplepeddler » Tue May 24, 2011 10:18 pm

looks slicker than snot on a doorknob to me!
But I'm just a novice for sure.

ConnieD

Post by ConnieD » Wed May 25, 2011 10:59 am

I purchased a mosquito tent (floorless) big enough to set over a picnic table at the park.

I haven't set it up, yet. Even it looks intimidating.

But that Coleman tent is HUGE. :shock:

zelph

Post by zelph » Wed May 25, 2011 8:00 pm

My experience has shown if we follow the manufactures instructions and use a little knowledge attained from previous failures ;) all will go well. I'll give a word of advice to all......................don't get in rush, take your time :D Don't trust your memory, read the instructions again just before assembly, have the pictures handy to view.

Last year I purchased a new Eureka "expedition" It had a plastic part that all poles went into at the peak of the tent. I cracked, but I was able to make do until I got 2 replacement parts. My fault it broke, did not stake it down enough, wind got ahold of it during a storm and flipped it over on it's side putting stress on the center piece. My Bad!!!! :roll:

The videos on this instant tent sure do make it look easy. An 8 person tent going up so easy :D I like easy ;) and slick as snot :lol:

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Wed May 25, 2011 11:20 pm

If you are going to buy and use one..don't forget to buy a roll of duct tape while you do.Most I see with that type of parts have that holding them together as a new "hinge"... :lol:
If you do buy one,inspect it carefully to see what the poles are made of and the plastic for the hinged parts.If it looks like it'll hold up okay and you will be the only one reading the instructions and setting it up....fine..If the metal looks like metal hollow curtain rod material and the plastic looks like something other than abs..think twice about it.CHECK THE WARRANTY..if it has one..especially the part about "abuse".. ;)
Dan..you posted the topic..I think you should be the one to go buy one and try it out.. :lol:
I've seen way too many things like that that are busted.
Also..With all my tent buying..I don't buy ANY tents with "blue(brown/gray) tarp type material" in their construction;made to last one season..Does that have that for a floor?If it doesn't have a nylon floor,I won't even bother to look at it..That's the first sign of a quality/$$$ tent...
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner » Thu May 26, 2011 7:37 pm

They did the easy part. I want to see the tent fit back in the box :P :lol:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

zelph

Post by zelph » Thu May 26, 2011 10:38 pm

Coleman has a reputation of being a good tent. I have an 8 person one and it has served me well. Like all new tents, the seams leaked at first rain :evil: my fault not to have sealed :roll:

No tent goes back into it's original box!!!!! :mrgreen: